Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It has rained off and on since last nigh with the high of 73 and the low of 58 with the sky clearing later this morning.

Dinner will be pork chops with dressing in them baked in gravy along with a sheet pan of vegetables.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I haven't decided yet. It will involve 1 lb of ground beef though.

Comment

I went all out with dinner tonight. I'm not like others who cook something amazing every day. I wait until I feel guilty enough to put some effort in. We had pan fried chicken breast that I had split lengthwise to insert some stuffing consisting of bread, onion, sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, butter, salt and an egg. Then I discovered that my ball of cooking string didn't come with us from Melbourne so I had to resort to sewing up the split with a needle and cotton. While it was shallow frying I made some chicken gravy, steamed some carrots and airfried the chips. We both enjoyed it *very* much. I tried to con John into cleaning the stove top but he wasn't volunteering...
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
        I went all out with dinner tonight. I'm not like others who cook something amazing every day. I wait until I feel guilty enough to put some effort in. We had pan fried chicken breast that I had split lengthwise to insert some stuffing consisting of bread, onion, sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, butter, salt and an egg. Then I discovered that my ball of cooking string didn't come with us from Melbourne so I had to resort to sewing up the split with a needle and cotton. While it was shallow frying I made some chicken gravy, steamed some carrots and airfried the chips. We both enjoyed it *very* much. I tried to con John into cleaning the stove top but he wasn't volunteering...
        Chayote. I do that too. Start feelin guilty so put some effort in. Your dinner sounds yummy. Had to lol about sewing up the chicken. Made me think of the old saying.
        use it up
        Wear it out
        Make it do
        Or do without

Good save

Comment

You could have just used toothpicks to keep the split together.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            You could have just used toothpicks to keep the split together.
            I could have except for one thing... I didn't have toothpicks either. Sewing worked.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
              Made me think of the old saying.
              use it up
              Wear it out
              Make it do
              Or do without
              I've never heard that before but I live that way. I still wear clothes that I bought 25 years ago! If you buy good quality or make clothes yourself, they tend to last longer. I also still get hand-me-downs from my middle sister which make up a good 50% of my wardrobe.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I don’t have a clue yet for dinner. I think I will likely make Spanish Tortilla at this point or a small pot of soup. No appetite, but I definitely need to find one. I guess I will wait a while to decide.

Comment

I've never heard that before but I live that way. I still wear clothes that I bought 25 years ago! If you buy good quality or make clothes yourself, they tend to last longer. I also still get hand-me-downs from my middle sister which make up a good 50% of my wardrobe.
                  25 year old clothes are out of style, providing they actually still fit.

Comment

We went in to town to babysit Kian while Mommy had some errands to do to get ready for their trip to California. We had such fun with Kian! He's pretty much walking all over the place now.
                    I was going to make my taco thingys, but DS called and asked what my dinner plan was, he said he wanted to pick up some chicken breasts to BBQ, find by me! I picked up a tray of corn on the cob at the store in town for $3.98, way better price than our home town store of $7.99! I will bake some potatoes or cook some rice for side.
                    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I kind of live that way too Chayote. I wear mostly jeans and T-shirts and I know for a fact some of my shirts are over 20 years old and are just now starting to show some serious wear. Most of my jeans are from about 2009 and have held up exceptionally well until the last year or so. I seem to have got a bit shorter and all my hems on the right legs of all these older jeans are getting very frayed. They’re fine for kicking around the house and yard, but I did order some new ones recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

25 year old clothes are out of style, providing they actually still fit.
                        Yes my clothes fit and I don't care if they are out of style or not.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post

I kind of live that way too Chayote. I wear mostly jeans and T-shirts and I know for a fact some of my shirts are over 20 years old and are just now starting to show some serious wear.
                          That's my basic wardrobe as well... jeans and tshirts during summer, extreme heat I have denim shorts that are knee length, cool weather I add jumper or flannelette shirt from a dozen that John and I share. I have one coat that I've had for longer than I can remember. It doesn't get worn often but have it in case we go to a football game or something else outdoors in winter. What I'm desperate for right now are shoes. After walking barefoot around the house for most of the past two years, my feet have changed and I need a larger size. I'll need to buy some before we drive to Melbourne next week. I'm thinking of getting Skechers slip-ons for both of us.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

That's my basic wardrobe as well... jeans and tshirts during summer, extreme heat I have denim shorts that are knee length, cool weather I add jumper or flannelette shirt from a dozen that John and I share. I have one coat that I've had for longer than I can remember. It doesn't get worn often but have it in case we go to a football game or something else outdoors in winter. What I'm desperate for right now are shoes. After walking barefoot around the house for most of the past two years, my feet have changed and I need a larger size. I'll need to buy some before we drive to Melbourne next week. I'm thinking of getting Skechers slip-ons for both of us.
                            Me too. I absolutely despise shopping amd especially for cloths. As long as my a** is covered I don't care what people think. I look more acceptable than those that have their jeans down to their knees or their boobs hanging out or butt cheeks showing ugh. I am clean & neat. O don't really think there is a "style" anymore. Not like days of old. Anything goes now.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                              O don't really think there is a "style" anymore. Not like days of old. Anything goes now.
                              I think at my age, people don't expect me to be up on the fashions. It's enough to be clean and well-covered. My Grandma taught me that there's no shame in patches and I happily repair clothes if there's a need. Looking at what some younger to middle-aged women are wearing, I wouldn't leave the house in what they are wearing. You made me laugh when you said that as long as your a$$ is covered, you're ok... I fully agree. I'm sure people seeing me out and about are also relieved that I'm not half naked.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                              X