Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 11th Dinner Post

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • June 11th Dinner Post

    Good Morning!

    It is overcast at the moment with the high of 78 and the low of 62 with a slight chance of rain.

    I will be solo tonight so will have some toast with peanut butter and fresh fruit.

    What will be your dinner this Saturday night?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

  • #2
    I've been working my butt off today. My knitting yarn was still stored in stripy moving bags and I've been sorting it all out into each ply. Tonight I managed to climb my step ladder and put the crates up in the top of each wardrobe. They'll be so much easier to move when it's time and give me less to do once we are there. Now that I'm a member of a doll collectors' club, I can knit all my bits and pieces of yarn into doll clothes for the monthly market table.

    Dinner tonight was reheated from last night: fish, chips, coleslaw for me, peas for John. Dessert was strawberry turnover and hot chocolate for me; icecream and banana for John.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

    Napoleon Hill

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Chayote View Post
      I've been working my butt off today. My knitting yarn was still stored in stripy moving bags and I've been sorting it all out into each ply. Tonight I managed to climb my step ladder and put the crates up in the top of each wardrobe. They'll be so much easier to move when it's time and give me less to do once we are there. Now that I'm a member of a doll collectors' club, I can knit all my bits and pieces of yarn into doll clothes for the monthly market table.

      Dinner tonight was reheated from last night: fish, chips, coleslaw for me, peas for John. Dessert was strawberry turnover and hot chocolate for me; icecream and banana for John.
      Chayote, have they started building your house? Has your other house sold ? I so believe you are WAY more organized than I will ever be.

      It's in 60s now. High in low 70s clear blue sky. I could see Joe eating his turtle very slowly last eve. Lol. Offered 4 things for tonight. Fried chicken, scalloped potatos with ham, green beans/potatos/ ham, tenderloins. He chose scalloped potatos so that's what it will be.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rosie View Post

        Chayote, have they started building your house? Has your other house sold ? I so believe you are WAY more organized than I will ever be.
        Yes the new house has started. The concrete slab should be laid early next week. We've actually withdrawn our Melbourne house from sale.

        As for being organised, I'm my own worst enemy in that regard. I like everything to have a place and I just get it all organised and then I change it... We are driving back to Melbourne on Wednesday morning and I'm determined to have everything put away in their places so it's tidy to come home to. John calls it "cleaning the house for the burglars"...
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

        Napoleon Hill

        Comment


        • #5
          Such a pretty day today! We went with DD and SIL to look at a house this morning, its right across the lake from us! It would be amazing if they got it, its just perfect for them...they have been looking for a year and a half for a cottage/house here in our area. They are putting in an offer.
          I was solo for the rest of the day, DS went away for wknd, and hubs has gone to other DS house for the nite to hang out and have a wing fry...just a few guys coming over, wifey & Kian are in California for a weeks holiday.
          So, I was going to cook myself a somewhat healthy meal, then quickly changhed my mind and picked up a TV dinner..bad girl
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

          Comment


          • #6
            Nope, smart girl!!! I am solo and hitting the peanut butter and toast route with fruit. When I can have a night off, I take it no regrets or guilt.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

            Comment


            • #7
              It’s been a really pretty day today. I went out and pulled and dug up more weeds this afternoon, that’s some hard work. I wish I could say I liked gardening and yard work but that would be a huge lie. I’m pretty sure my DNA chain is missing the gardening gene.

              I’m going to have a repeat of last night’s dinner tonight. That chicken with the Alabama White Sauce I made was so good! Roasted potatoes and asparagus with it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Charlene, my daughter bought Grampa's weeder on Amazon. It works great and no bending over.
                Takes out dandelions with ease. Are dandelions your main concern?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chayote View Post

                  Yes the new house has started. The concrete slab should be laid early next week. We've actually withdrawn our Melbourne house from sale.

                  As for being organised, I'm my own worst enemy in that regard. I like everything to have a place and I just get it all organised and then I change it... We are driving back to Melbourne on Wednesday morning and I'm determined to have everything put away in their places so it's tidy to come home to. John calls it "cleaning the house for the burglars"...
                  I am surprised that your house hasn't sold yet, and even more surprised that you have taken it of the market. What are you planning on doing ? Renting it out? I read online that Australia has a housing crisis, people cannot afford to buy or rent anymore and many people are living in their cars.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sabine View Post

                    I am surprised that your house hasn't sold yet, and even more surprised that you have taken it of the market. What are you planning on doing ? Renting it out? I read online that Australia has a housing crisis, people cannot afford to buy or rent anymore and many people are living in their cars.
                    Sabine, I'd just rather not discuss the house. Please don't ask any more about it... refusal can often offend and I don't mean to offend anyone.
                    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

                    Napoleon Hill

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chayote View Post

                      Sabine, I'd just rather not discuss the house. Please don't ask any more about it... refusal can often offend and I don't mean to offend anyone.
                      Sorry I asked.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by smokey View Post
                        Charlene, my daughter bought Grampa's weeder on Amazon. It works great and no bending over.
                        Takes out dandelions with ease. Are dandelions your main concern?
                        Thanks smokey! I looked it up, I actually have a weed popper that’s very similar to that and I’ve been using it a lot. The biggest problem is that the weeds are growing prolifically in the large gravel patch alongside the driveway. Stupid weeds grew right through the plastic ground cover and the gravel. I’m going to dig up/pull as much as I can, drown it in Ground Clear and get a load of fresh gravel delivered.

                        Dandelions are a huge problem here. There are so many around here and with our breezes they get carried everywhere. With all our rain everything grows like crazy in Spring and Summer.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X