Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 13th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Today is the start of rising temperatures with the high of 85 and the low of 68 along with severe storms predicted late evening, overnight.

I am making a sheet pan of chicken, peppers, onions, broccoli and carrots.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Just came in from feeding critters. OMGOSH HHH already. Looks like we are going to get strong storms late this afternoon. High 92 and hotter next 2 days.

The plan in my head is breaded tenderloins, fried zucchini and parm potato wedges in air fryer.

Comment

It's going to be a lovely day!
      Have some running around to do this morn, and then our friends visiting from up north are stopping in for a visit.
      I will make up a charcuterie board for an afternoon snack.
      Dinner will be mac & cheese with some leftover cubed maple ham in it, I should probs get that made up this morn so I can enjoy our visit.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

My SIL passed away on Friday so I have been busy scrubbing the house since people will all be coming and going. It is amazing on how much of a mess a dog makes ugh. Making smash burgers tonight.

Comment

I am so sorry muz. I know it has been a struggle for the entire family. I will continue with prayers especially for MIL losing a child and for hubs.
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, muzette. It's never easy...

Public holiday for us today to celebrate the Queen's birthday, even though the actual day is in April. All the shops were closed across South Australia except for hardware stores, OfficeWorks and servos. We went down town to buy some milk and ended up having to get it from the servo.

We spent the day relocating some items that were in the garage and needed to be moved to the garden shed. All my yarn is sorted and put away except for some crates just stacked in my bedroom awaiting Daryl to come over to put them higher than I can reach. My step ladder has been confiscated... Probably a wise move to be honest.

Dinner tonight: we had meat pies with mashed potato; John had peas and carrot, I just had carrot. Dessert was icecream and banana for John; hot chocolate and a couple of TimTams for me.
            Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

muzette: my condolences to you and your family
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I wish we had temps of 85 / 92. All of Texas , parts of Arizona and New Mexico are under a severe heat advisory for the past 10 days or so, and no relief in sight. !00+ every day, it can wear one out.
                I don't think too many people are actually cooking. Hope this weather system will move on soon. If not, then we need a storm in the gulf ( Texas coast ) to bring some relief , sorry AllieK, I know you live in that area. But something has to give.

Comment

Muzette. So sorry for you & the family

Comment

Muzette I am so sorry for the loss of your sister-in-law you and your family.

Comment

Muzette, sincere condolences to your family.

It’s been cool and cloudy all day, I think the high was about 60, lows will be in the high 40’s tonight. I’m not complaining! I’d much rather have this than the high temperatures that are hitting other areas. I did some purging and sorting and relabeling in my spice racks today, it really needed to be done. I had a lot of things that I’d gotten as freebies at Penzeys that I just didn’t care for, so out they went. Slowly but surely getting reorganized. I thought I was going to have to call my broadband company today, but I tested Amazon and Netflix on my TV and they both worked fine. I’m thinking that with all the digging around Ziply Fiber has been doing around here that they might have done something to cause it. There was a Ziply truck parked in front of my house most of the day and now my stuff works. Hmmmm…

I’m going simple tonight, a Marie Calendar’s chicken pot pie and a half a bag of Caesar salad.

Comment

Working...
                      X