Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 14th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with sun appearing later this morning and the high of 87 and the low of 72. Tomorrow and Thursday will be brutal then getting more comfortable by Friday.

I will be solo tonight and will pick at some leftovers from the fridge.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

8 people in the family came down with some 24 hour flu yesterday so I ended up making a pot of chicken soup. I am sure my turn is coming so there is plenty of soup leftover.

Comment

I sure hope it skips you muz. Take care of yourself.

Comment

John's poker afternoon on Tuesdays so that's where we spent about four hours having lunch and him playing his game. I take my knitting with me to fill in the time. I've had people to talk to while he plays because people ask what I'm making and then I get invited to move tables. South Australians are the friendliest people I've ever met.

The afternoon has been spent getting ready to leave for Melbourne in the morning. We are traveling about half way and staying in a motel overnight at Horsham. We'll arrive in Melbourne on Thursday and I'm looking forward to staying with my sister. We won't be doing anything strenuous during our visit as she's nursing three broken ribs after tripping in her back garden.

Dinner tonight: John had a corned beef sandwich; I had the same but added Catalina dressing, pea shoots and alfalfa sprouts.

I'll be packing bags and pill boxes until I go to bed.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Omgoodness muzette that's alot of sick people! Just awful hope they feel better super soon & you don't pick it up. Bless your heart. So nice of you to cook good stuff for them.

LTB we are in what is headed your way.
          97 today with due points near 80. Due point yesterday was 80. I've never seen it that high. With due points so high we'll be triple didgets.
          Thought I'd do a salad today but can't find lettuce anywhere nor cucumbers. ***sigh*** so put chicken & gravey in
          crock. Will make some mashed potatos. Green beans from the garden. Nice hot hearty meal on the hottest day so far. Ugh

Comment

Yup, we will be over a 100 with the heat index tomorrow. Thanks for such a "hot" gift rosie!!!!!

Comment

I would say your welcome but I don't want to do this to anyone.

Comment

I just checked,, heat index will be 105. Oh well, better then 115!!!

Comment

I have a meeting this afternoon and hopefully she will serve something light. Not much appetite here but I won’t need to cook if she serves something. I need to shop and that likely isn’t happening today. Thank

Comment

It’s been a nice cool day today, never got above 60, and that’s just about perfect for me. Our neighborhood is again decked out in American flags at every house, a project my next door neighbor piloted last year. It really is nice to look out and see them waving in the breeze. I’ve just been taking it easy today, I just didn’t feel inspired to do much but some reading.

I’m going to heat up some of the Mediterranean chicken orzo for dinner and maybe make some garlic bread to go with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X