Smile for the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smile for the day

This made me laugh - "I don't like to brag about expensive trips, but I did just return from the gas station". I got gas yesterday and I don't have it as bad as some parts of the US. I paid $4.97 for regular. I know parts of the country are way up from $5.50. Almost feel like I have to take a loan out to gas up the vehicles.

I noticed regular gasoline was $ 4.56
    Yesterday . Thankfully I dont have to gas very often.

Comment

Summertime is always higher and add to that the holiday weekends. Gas companies are gouging while they can. I hope people quit driving as much and let them choke on their excess gas.

Comment

People who have to go to work every day don't have much of a choice , they have to gas up and drive.
        I think opening up the pipelines and stop all the restriction on drilling could make a big difference, instead our President wants to meet with the Saudis and beg for more gas / oil , way to go Joe!
        I know, I know no politic talk, vent over ! Don't bother answering AllieK , I know how you feel.

Comment

I think the best the two of us can do is to agree to disagree and it is ok to disagree,
          Last edited by Sabine; 06-17-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Just one thought. Oil prices are global. It doesn't matter how much they drill and produce over here, the prices will be the same as they are globally. Excess oil is exported to the highest bidder, afterall, it's about profit and refineries can only make so much gas anyway.
            And yes, I know people who have to drive every day are getting hit the hardest. Most other times this has happened, people traded in their big autos for smaller ones for better fuel economy. I'm not sure what people drive in SA, but where I'm from, the bigger the better....so people have basically done this to themselves. They are stuck with the gas hogs because the smaller vehicles have been fazed out a little bit because no one was buying them.
            I wonder if people can go back to smaller and cheaper?

and you know me, I just have to respond .... and no harm intended

Comment

Totally understand AllieK, we both want to respond.
              What do people drive in SA ? What do you think. Lots of big pickup trucks, lots of SUV's . Both of us drive Kia 4 doors, small cars in other words. Everybody in my immediate family drives big cars , except for the two of us. Will that change ? somehow I doubt it. My son drives close to 100 miles each day, company pays for his gasoline. Will they continue to pay, I sure hope so. We are both retired , so for us the gasoline prices are not a big deal at the moment. I am more concerned about the high prices in the grocery store. I can't get out of the store for less then $50/ $60 .

Comment

same here. both of us are retired. We live close to a town for our needs. We dont' have to go anywhere way out of town if we dont' want to. I drive an old 1998 PU. It's not bad on gas, but even if it is, it's paid for and the cost of insurance is minimal, so in all, it's not that expensive to drive. Although, $100 for a full tank of gas is startling...but we use premium, so that is our fault a little bit too.
                Grocery prices.....had to adjust our eating habits a little bit

Comment

We just use regular gasoline.
                  Adjust eating habits , yes, not easy.
                  We used to eat out several times a week, so that has changed, unfortunately.
                  I am buying less name brands, dont like that either. But you have to do what you have to do.
                  certainly not planning on going back to work

Comment

Our gas here in WA is a good bit over $5 a gallon right now. I’ve only put about 85 miles on my tank since I filled it up a couple of weeks ago, so I’m good at least until July 4th. I use my Safeway Fuel Rewards and usually get a dollar off a gallon, but I still don’t do much driving.

Comment

My daughter is moving to Seattle. They are selling everything they own, including their cars. She said its a walking city. It cost a fortune to drive the work van so hubs has been taking my car when he is not hauling stuff. Probably the reason why I had a tire that kept going flat.

Comment

Seattle has areas that are good for walking and they have a very good light rail system. There are a lot of problems there right now though. A lot of crime, a lot of shootings, inadequate police protection, large homeless encampments. I live 50 miles from there and I have no intention of going there, especially by myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X