COVID Strikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID Strikes

My daughter tested positive a few days ago, then the next day, her daughter and husband were sick too. Daughter and granddaughter have mild symptoms, but husband got really sick. His temperature went up to 104 and he was hallucinating for awhile. He is better now, but still sick. The number of cases are starting to rise again here. It's summertime and people are traveling again and find it too hot to protect themselves and others with the masks.

I hope they do not have lingering after effects. I really should go get my booster.

Comment

Hoping for smooth recovery for all of your family, Alliek
      We were going thru a period in our area just awhile ago that it seemed like practically our whole town came down with covid. We had a few friends that did have it pretty bad. My niece had it 2 weeks ago (37 yrs) and she said she got 'walloped'! she also had the high fever & hallucinations, body pain, stabbing in joints...she said she had not felt pain like that since she birthed her children. Her DH and 2 kids only had mild symptoms. As far as I know, we have not had covid. We have had our 2nd booster.
      Now the world is also dealing with monkeypox! Vaccinations I think are rolling out soon for that.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
        My daughter tested positive a few days ago, then the next day, her daughter and husband were sick too. Daughter and granddaughter have mild symptoms, but husband got really sick. His temperature went up to 104 and he was hallucinating for awhile. He is better now, but still sick. The number of cases are starting to rise again here. It's summertime and people are traveling again and find it too hot to protect themselves and others with the masks.
        I am sorry your daughter and her family came down with covid. Are they still living in Alaska or did they move ? For some reason I think California ?? Hopefully they will have a quick recovery.
        My granddaughter got her second booster shot and had a bad reaction, makes me think twice about getting the second booster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

I am sorry your daughter and her family came down with covid. Are they still living in Alaska or did they move ? For some reason I think California ?? Hopefully they will have a quick recovery.
          My granddaughter got her second booster shot and had a bad reaction, makes me think twice about getting the second booster.
          They are still in Alaska. They lived in California before moving to Alaska. I've had one booster and not due for the second one for a few months, but I'll take it when it is time. I'd rather have a bad reaction than get COVID and have to deal with the possible long term effects.

Comment

Unfortunately even a second booster shot does not prevent one from possibly getting covid. Best example is Dr. Fauci, who had all 4 vaccinations and has just announced that he has covid in spite of all those vaccinations.

Comment

I understand that, but it is keeping most people out of the hospitals and from being on ventilators. I'll take that anyday

Comment

I agree with you on that.

Comment

Working...
                X