Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is stinking hot out, along with the usual HHH with an overcast sky. The high will be 88 and the low of 62. It is at the high already and I am sure will get into the low 90's. There is a chance of rain also.

I baked extra chicken yesterday and made chicken salad this morning and will have that on a bed of leaf lettuce and arugula that I picked last night while watering the garden. I also pulled some radishes and will finish the meal with strawberries over some ice cream.

What will be your meal tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It is atrocious outside. High 91 but the humidity ugh. Fed & watered critters. Watered garden and flower pots. WOW I'm no fan of any extreme and this is extreme

My neighbor/friend has shingles. Took them a meal yesterday + couple doz eggs. They insisted I take a pkg of t-bones. Really didn't feel right bout it but they were determined so we're having t-bones. Baked potato in air fryer & salad.
    Truely wish they would take it in the spirit it was given. I don't want anything in return. I will use this as a life lesson

Comment

I have shared with all my friends that getting the shingles shot is a must in my opinion after having them myself and still have scars from them.

I understand about not wanting anything in return when doing a kindness rosie. I have a couple of friends that I can trust that will help me in getting items where they need being so my name does not get involved. Even food when necessary so that no one feels they should "pay me back." My thought is "pay it forward" and bless someone that needs a blessing.

You have great day and if you know why my cucumbers are getting like paper around the edges and curling up along with a grayish color I would like any help I can get. They are in a big pot away from the garden and are bush cucumber plants. They were so beautiful but it is spreading. Thanks.

Now, just a simple have a great day!!!!!
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It was already 80 degrees and humid at 6 am so no dog walk today. It feels like a clean out the fridge day.

Comment

Crazy H&H here too! Made a garden salad this morn to go along with BBQ'd burgs for dinner. Heading to the lake for the aft!
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
            I have shared with all my friends that getting the shingles shot is a must in my opinion after having them myself and still have scars from them.

I understand about not wanting anything in return when doing a kindness rosie. I have a couple of friends that I can trust that will help me in getting items where they need being so my name does not get involved. Even food when necessary so that no one feels they should "pay me back." My thought is "pay it forward" and bless someone that needs a blessing.

You have great day and if you know why my cucumbers are getting like paper around the edges and curling up along with a grayish color I would like any help I can get. They are in a big pot away from the garden and are bush cucumber plants. They were so beautiful but it is spreading. Thanks.

Now, just a simple have a great day!!!!!
            Do you mean the leaves are getting papery? Sounds like maybe a powdery mildew?

Comment

Enjoy your temps of 88 / 90 LTB and Rosie. Here in Texas , at this moment it is a real feel temp of 100 with a heat index of 105. And that temp will be like that for the rest of the week.

" I have a couple of friends that I can trust that will help me in getting items where they need being so my name does not get involved. Even food when necessary so that no one feels they should "pay me back." My thought is "pay it forward" and bless someone that needs a blessing." Interesting LTB, but you have no trouble bragging about all your good deeds here on the CK board.
              Silly me, I know you have me blocked , so you cannot even read my message, ( or so you claim ) but I am sure one of your buddies will forward it to you.

Comment

It’s been a beautiful day today, warm and sunny, probably about 75°. I’ve got the doors open and the ceiling fans on. I did a little paint touch up on some spots on corners of walls yesterday and today. Those white chips in the green paint were bugging me no end. I went to Lowe’s and bought some 4 foot length clear plastic corner edge protectors to put in a few places that always seem to get hit. There was one on one place when we bought the house, I finally got around to getting a few more. I did a Walmart run while I was up there, just needed some staples and dog treats.

I’m going to make our dear Gary’s (grandpa2one) Kentucky brown pork chops and gravy, some mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and some steamed and sautéed fresh green beans.

Comment

Working...
                X