Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 29th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is lovely out at the moment with a beautiful cool morning and lots of sunshine. Clouds will move in with a slight chance of rain along with the high of 83 and the low of 64.

DGS loved the tacos last night and is finishing up the remainder tonight. I am making a taco salad.

What good meal is calling you name?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

John and I arrived home from Melbourne last night. We started off our visit with the funeral of a treasured member of the family who passed away very suddenly. Following the funeral we spent some quiet days with my sister and brother-in-law and we then decided to stay on until Immy's birthday. I can not believe that she's 7 already.

https://i.imgur.com/8Fjg2jc.jpg

Dinner tonight was minced beef with carrots, peas and potato. We had it served with buttered toast. We will have dessert shortly... John wants icecream and banana; I'll have a slice of black forest cake with hot chocolate shake just before bed.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
      John and I arrived home from Melbourne last night. We started off our visit with the funeral of a treasured member of the family who passed away very suddenly. Following the funeral we spent some quiet days with my sister and brother-in-law and we then decided to stay on until Immy's birthday. I can not believe that she's 7 already.

https://i.imgur.com/8Fjg2jc.jpg

Dinner tonight was minced beef with carrots, peas and potato. We had it served with buttered toast. We will have dessert shortly... John wants icecream and banana; I'll have a slice of black forest cake with hot chocolate shake just before bed.
      Chayote, I am truly sorry for you and your families loss.
      goodness that is Immy? WOW she has really grown and absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Chayote - Immy sure has changed, now she is more grown up and stunning. Beautiful smile and love her curly hair. I, too, am sorry for the loss of a family member, especially when it is sudden. Glad you had a safe trip home.

Comment

Chayote-- it is always so shocking when you lose a family member unexpectedly, I am sorry for your loss. Immy is a very pretty girl, love her curly hair , I am sure you were happy to see her again.

Comment

Thank you for the condolences. The gentleman who passed was 76 years old, very fit and healthy and planning on another trip around Australia with his wife of 55 years. He had an accident just in his backyard, falling about 2 metres to the ground and died of massive brain injuries. It was such a shock to everyone who knew him, evident by the 700+ people who attended his funeral. Such a sad time for his children and grandchildren.

I agree that Immy has changed. I love her hair when it's left out to curl, unlike school days when it's plaited. What I mostly noticed is how calm she is and super confident with everything she does. She's not missing us which part of that makes me relieved. She's doing well at school, very popular with lots of friends. I'm happy for her and hope that she can visit us one day.
            Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It is getting warmer by the minute. HHH tomorrow so going to have to turn on the A/C this afternoon BOOHOO
              Joe's feelin alittle blicky so he will have his blicky meal. Soft boiled eggs. There's a couple sliders left. I'll have those and parm chips

Comment

Oh my goodness, Immy has certainly grown! Her hair is really pretty. For some reason I still see her as little in my head, but then I have the same feeling when I see my grandkids too. When my grandson Joshua visited me this past Sunday I still feel shock when I see he has almost as much gray hair as I do, then I remember he’s almost 40!

Sincere condolences to you and his family too.

Comment

Sorry for your family loss, Chayote.

Immy is such a cute little girl...and where does the time go?
                  We went into town today to have a little visit with Kian. He is so proud of himself, walking all over the place, big grin on his face like 'look at me'!!!
                  We are just finishing up leftover spaghetti for hubs and DS, chicken pot pie for me.
                  A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s been a pleasantly cool day today, just about perfect as far as I’m concerned. I had a haircut appointment this afternoon, I was glad to get it, my bangs had been driving me nuts the last few days. I really like the job this new girl does, probably should have switched stylists over a year ago. I’ve done a few things around the house, then watched a couple of episodes of Game of Thrones. I never watched it while it was still in first run, but I’m definitely enjoying it with On Demand.

I’m going to make the other half of the Trader Joe’s Mandarin Orange Chicken, make some yakisoba noodles and steam some yellow squash.

Comment

Working...
                    X