Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

HHH says it all with a high of 91 and the low of 69 along with a chance of rain.

A chef salad with a salmon patty on top and a big bowl of watermelon.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I have a lb of ground beef to use up. So far instant pot spaghetti sounds not good but easy, maybe Johnny Marzetti.

Comment

Dinner for us was crumbed slices of chicken breast served with chips. John had peas with his; I had alfalfa sprouts.

We will be out for most of the day tomorrow. I have the doll meeting after lunch followed by dinner with the family.

I finished my entry for the ethnic doll display tomorrow. He turned out well... I'm happy. John suggested that I build a camp fire using Lego bricks and flames, then build a wire spit over the fire and lay the kangaroo on the spit... *LOL* Trust him! It was fun painting the doll. I used White-out correction fluid.

https://i.imgur.com/PR3E7wr.jpg
      https://i.imgur.com/ElIPoKi.jpg
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Dinner tonight is a Summer Italian Spaghetti Salad.
        Breakfast this morning - Southern Pear Salad with cottage cheese.. instead of Mayo.
        www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

Chayote - Your doll is a winner!! Is there a vote on best doll or a prize? If so, you have it. it is a really nice job and so appropriate. I think you are enjoying this new club you have joined. You will have to let us know what the next theme will be. Do you plan on taking the correction fluid off once the showing is over with and restore the doll back to the original look? Let us know the comments - I think there will be a lot of oohs and ahhs.
          Last edited by Vera; 07-01-2022, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Chayote: cute lil doll!!!

It is our Canada Day holiday. Nothing much going on here, weather is crap. Kids got too drunky-poo at concert last nite...anyone ever heard of Our Lady Peace band? prob not...its Canadian, anyway they have done very well for themselves back in the day, had a blast from the past concert last night near us. Kids are out floating and drinking on lake...I'm here cooking dinner for us...which is frozen veal cutlets, herb and garlic pasta and peas. I'm guessing it will be just me and hubby that eats and kids will not lol
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Hi Sharkie! It is nice seeing you post. Both your meals sound so good.
              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
              He drew a circle that shut me out.
              But love and I had the wit to win,
              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Wow, 1st of July already! This year is flying by for sure. It’s another perfect weather day today, beautiful blue skies and a nice breeze. I went down to the Marysville Grocery Outlet today to see about getting more dog food, I really scored on that for sure. The store in Marysville is about 3x bigger than the one in Stanwood, I’ll definitely go to that one again even though the traffic to get there is always a mess. Right after I pulled in the parking lot there was a big accident on the street I came in on. I heard the crash when I opened my car door. It certainly made the traffic worse.

I picked up a package of Buffalo wings today and I’m going to heat them up and have a green salad with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                  Chayote - Your doll is a winner!! Is there a vote on best doll or a prize? If so, you have it. it is a really nice job and so appropriate. I think you are enjoying this new club you have joined. You will have to let us know what the next theme will be. Do you plan on taking the correction fluid off once the showing is over with and restore the doll back to the original look? Let us know the comments - I think there will be a lot of oohs and ahhs.
                  Thanks, Vera... I am enjoying the doll club very much. I used to think that my sister and I were weird for still loving dolls at our ages (68 and 74) but we had very few toys as children other than the special Pedigree dolls that Mum gave us at age 8. To be in a room with 50-60 likeminded people felt so good.
                  There is no prize... just a mention at the end of the year for the most popular exhibitor. I won't win because I've joined halfway through the year but I'm having fun with it. I don't take it seriously at all. At the end of each meeting the exhibitors are asked to stand up and say something about their entry. I'm going to keep the little (13") aboriginal doll as is and make room in the cabinet. I really like it.
                  The theme for next month is "doll used for other purposes" which made me laugh inappropriately. I hope no-one brings a blow up sex doll... John came up with a good idea... I have a Cabbage Patch doll that isn't in great condition under her clothes. I'm going to dress her up nicely after splitting her body to fill with sand and a lump of heavy rock and turn her into a door stop. The theme for August is "All Bisque Doll House-size doll, 12th scale or smaller" which I won't enter. They are expensive dolls and I don't have one. My sister has a gorgeous dolls house that her husband made for her but I wouldn't trust myself borrowing one of her dolls.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                    Chayote: cute lil doll!!!
                    Thanks, MudderBear...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                    X