Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is partly sunny and after the downpour we got late yesterday evening the humidity is gone. The high will be cooler with the high of 84 and the low of 60.

Garlic shrimp, salad and apple slices with caramel drizzled over them will be dinner.

What will you be having this Saturday evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

As planned, we were out all day. I went to my doll collectors' meeting while John watched the football at Julia's house. We had dinner with the family. Hannah trusted me to spoon feed her which was a big step forward.

Dinner was: pasta and herb bread for me; pork chop, mashed potato and peas for John. I'm about to make dessert of hot chocolate and cake.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It’s been a nice day today, pleasantly cool and comfortable. The neighborhood is already doing fireworks at night so I’m going to have to tranquilize Abby again before too long, she just shivers like crazy when they go off. I did a quickie grocery run, needed some cheese and coleslaw mix. I was wearing my “Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult” t- shirt when I went, got a lot of smiles and chuckles about that. I had a nice long chat with one of my good SoCal friends this afternoon too.

I’m doing some experimenting tonight. I’ve been seeing things about using Jackfruit as a meat substitute and so I’m making Jackfruit pulled “pork” sandwiches with some homemade coleslaw for dinner. The jackfruit has an interesting neutral flavor and it shreds nicely, so I’ll see how it goes. I think I’m going to like it though.

Comment

Working...
      X