Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 4th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Have a nice 4th of July and drive safe if you will be traveling today.

It is sunny and a HHH day today with the high of 90 and the low of 71.

I made chicken salad last night for sandwiches and have baked beans in the crockpot, and with deviled eggs and carrot salad that will be dinner.

What will be your 4th of July dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am trying to decide. I have pork to barbecue and ingredients for tacos. Right now I plan to plug in the waffle maker and fix blueberry waffles.

Comment

It is super HHH today. High 94 this afternoon

Have a lot of roast pork all cleaned up (no fat) so many choices not sure what to do with it yet. But sure we'll have something with roast pork we'll finish off fruit salad with cottage cheese

Comment

Today I made my daughter a pot of soup and a serving of our family recipe dip. She's been really busy with work so the soup will give her some easy lunches for the rest of the week.

Dinner tonight was the rest of the crumbed chicken, this time with mashed potato and pumpkin (together) and peas. We both had the same.

Tomorrow is John's poker game at lunchtime. We both go, have lunch together in the bistro and while he's playing poker I do some knitting. I'll be starting a purple dress and cardigan for one of the dolls for the next meeting. I won an eBay auction for a Cabbage Patch doll that happened to be wearing purple shoes and I'll shampoo her hair and tie her pigtails up with purple ribbons.

https://i.imgur.com/Oa24VKw.jpg
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Happy July 4th!
          We in Canada celebrated our July 1st holiday Friday
          It is overcast, I've changed from tank & shorts to leggings and a light long sleeve shirt, blah
          Dinner will be a leftover steak for DS and hubs and I will have chicken breasts - I want to try the recipe that calls for BBQ sauce/Italian dressing/brown sugar, sides will be rice and some kind of veg
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Still considering dinner. Probably salad. Change my mind at least three times.
            Last edited by MommaBear; 07-04-2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

It was a nicer day than yesterday, still a bit on the cool side, about high 60’s. I listed a few things on Next Door to sell, already gotten a couple of interested inquiries. I think tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer so I may get the pressure washer out on the back porch then. It really needs it. I’m going to give Abby her sedative early for the fireworks, I gave her one last night kind of late and she still shivered all night. Poor baby.

I’m going to bake a package of Tony Roma’s baby back ribs, some cheesy scalloped potatoes and homemade coleslaw.

Comment

Got some ribs from the grocery store that they were cooking in the parking lot. No cooking out today, its way to hot.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                  Got some ribs from the grocery store that they were cooking in the parking lot. No cooking out today, its way to hot.
                  Muz, I like the way you think lol

Comment

Working...
                  X