Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 5th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Rain is predicted for this morning and evening along with a muggy high of 89 and the low of 70.

I am making a sheet pan of roasted smoked sausage, broccoli, carrots and red potatoes. A fruit salad with blueberries, melon and strawberries on the side.

What will be your dinner on this Tuesday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Well the rain squashed my idea of BBQ today, it also means no walk for the dog. Looks like its going to rain most of the week. I pulled some smoked pork from the freezer and will make loaded baked potatoes for dinner.

Comment

Rainy day here as well. I plan to do some baking...something I haven't done in a long time! Have some bananas to use up, so may make some banana/carrot/pineapple muffins
      Dinner at this point, I think will be mac & cheese, hoping to find a little ham at a good price at grocery store today to go along with that
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Man, it is raining cats and dogs right now. I took a corned beef out of the freezer yesterday and got it going this morning. We have new neighbors across the street, but their furniture is still 5-7 days away. They don't have much in the kitchen at the moment, so I was going to bring them homemade mashed potatoes, cabbage, carrots, onions and corned beef. They are making quick meals so if they don't eat it today, then tomorrow's dinner is done. They moved from California to the east coast, so quite a change for them.

Comment

You are a very nice, thoughtful neighbor Vera. Can't say that anybody ever brought us a complete meal when we moved into a new neighborhood.
          When are flying to Texas Vera ? Wasn't it in July ?

Comment

Mudder,

Muffins sound so good. I think I will make some banana muffins as I have 2 that need used up.

Thanks for the idea!!!
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Sabine - My son and I were supposed to leave over Fourth of July weekend, but we delayed it now until July 15th. We will be driving one of their vehicles plus taking the dog. The house they purchased has now been under remodeling (kitchen) for two weeks. At least the messy dirty part is done. New tile in the kitchen, living area, new and larger kitchen island, redone cabinetry, new appliances plus the laundry room is being redone. Furniture doesn't even get pickup in Virginia until the end of July. Wife and kids will fly to Houston - too long a trip to drive the kids. They need another car in Texas and leaving a car here in Virginia due to some commuting back and forth periodically, so we gave them our Cadillac with only 38,000 miles on it. My husband and I had four vehicles but only two drivers. My son said he would just buy a used car in Texas but used cars are going for a premium and you don't know what you are getting. I told my son to not put long horns on the hood of the Cadillac - lol. The hard part for me is flying back to Washington, DC. I haven't been on a plane in almost 32 years, and I am not looking forward to it.

Comment

LOL Vera, you don't like the long horns on the hood, what is wrong with you ..... just kidding you. I could get you some long horns for free, my daughter and son in law raise long horn cattle on their ranch.
                Reality is that nobody has longhorns on the hood of their cars or trucks. That is only being done for movies and or pictures for magazine. I have lived here since 1972 and have never seen that in real life.
                My granddaughter and her husband bought a house a month ago and they decided to have every room painted, tile replaced in several rooms and I have no clue when all that is done. Contractor tells them the end of this week, I am not holding my breath.
                It's been a while since I have flown, the year before covid to be exact. I don't like to fly but I do it. But I don't think I would like to wear a mask while on the flight. But I don't think they do that anymore ?

Comment

Whatttt - no long horns on the hoods of cars??? Good luck with your granddaughter getting her remodeling done too. I think you said they put in bids for other houses but lost the bids. I, personally, thought the kitchen and the large tile in the kitchen and living areas looked great in the house they purchased. Each their own, I guess. That is a lot of money especially when they had to overbid for the house by 6 figures. I think they will outprice the neighborhood so they better like the end result. They had a narrow field of houses to look at because they wanted a specific school tier and didn't look at anything else.

Comment

Yes, my granddaughter lost out on 2 houses,, ,one because the owner did NOT want to do repair anything around the house, and my granddaughter / husband felt the house was becoming a money pit even before moving in. So they found another house and the transaction went much better. Of course now I understand that the house prices are coming down because mortgage rates are going up again.
                    My granddaughter does not have to think about school districts yet, their baby is only 7 month old. Plus she is a teacher and could easily home school. But they will cross that bridge when they get there.

Comment

Be prepared, just about everybody , especially men, drive big pickup trucks. Most women drive big SUV's, no I don't , and I get so frustrated when I park at the grocery store and I come out and there are big trucks on either side of my car and I have to inch my way out.

Comment

The Cadillac has side warnings when you start to back out of a parking space if a vehicle is coming down the aisle. I don't know if their SUV has it though, but it seems to have a lot of extras so maybe it does. That is so helpful in newer vehicles now. What annoys me is at the end of driving aisles, shopping areas plant bushes that get large and you can't see around or above them in a car and have to inch out in the traffic lane. The end of driving aisles should have mulch only, so you have distance sight. But that would be called common sense.

Comment

It’s funny, the only time I’ve seen cow horns on a car (a Cadillac convertible no less!) was in Manhattan Beach CA. There was a lawyer in town that drove it and dressed like the car looked!

It’s been a really nice day today, and I’m really glad the fireworks stopped last night before midnight. Unfortunately one home about a half mile from us burned and is considered a total loss, caused by fireworks. I just think fireworks are stupid and dangerous. I sold two items from my Next Door posting this afternoon, nice to have a bit less clutter.

I’m going to have the rest of the baby back ribs, scalloped potatoes and coleslaw for my dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                            The Cadillac has side warnings when you start to back out of a parking space if a vehicle is coming down the aisle. I don't know if their SUV has it though, but it seems to have a lot of extras so maybe it does. That is so helpful in newer vehicles now. What annoys me is at the end of driving aisles, shopping areas plant bushes that get large and you can't see around or above them in a car and have to inch out in the traffic lane. The end of driving aisles should have mulch only, so you have distance sight. But that would be called common sense.
                            Yes, my car has a camera and side warnings, but I still first have to get to a point where the camera picks up.
                            Yes, shrubs that block the view can be a big problem, and not just in commercials parking lots, also in neighborhoods , like mine
                            Last edited by Sabine; 07-05-2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                              It’s funny, the only time I’ve seen cow horns on a car (a Cadillac convertible no less!) was in Manhattan Beach CA. There was a lawyer in town that drove it and dressed like the car looked!

It’s been a really nice day today, and I’m really glad the fireworks stopped last night before midnight. Unfortunately one home about a half mile from us burned and is considered a total loss, caused by fireworks. I just think fireworks are stupid and dangerous. I sold two items from my Next Door posting this afternoon, nice to have a bit less clutter.

I’m going to have the rest of the baby back ribs, scalloped potatoes and coleslaw for my dinner.
                              I agree with you, I like the professional fireworks, but not the firecrackers that at set off by people in their neighborhoods that can cause so much damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X