Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a cloudless sky with it reaching a high of 83 and the low of 65 with the humid air continuing.

There are enough leftovers from last night for dinner tonight.

What will be your Friday night dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It is 'clean out the fridge' night here - left over pork chops in gravy, pasta and one slice of corned beef brisket with cabbage, onions and carrots. No cooking tonight but the microwave will get a workout.

Comment

I had the most frustrating day since a month ago when I tried to order a copy of my full birth certificate and my application failed because I didn't have a birth certificate to prove my ID... I eventually did get my birth certificate after phoning the Office of Births, Deaths and Marriages and explaining my dilemma. Fast forward to today. We went to the Post Office to apply for our Proof of ID cards and took along all our certificates and cards, only to be told that our Certificate of Marriage couldn't be accepted because it wasn't "official enough". John had enough ID without it but I had nothing to prove my change of name. It's the only one we've ever had... it has a Coat of Arms at the top with "Marriage Act 1961-1973". It's got all the signatures that it needs but it doesn't have a file number. I jokingly told John that it might mean we are not legally married if the elderly minister at the church didn't submit the paperwork to the Office of Births, Deaths and Marriages, thinking he would laugh but he was slightly mortified at the thought... The marriage certificate we have has never seen the light of day since 1977. Apparently we should have received an official certificate by mail within a month after our wedding. I could send them a photo from our wedding but somehow I don't think that would be considered proof of marriage... *LOL* Oh, the fun of doing paperwork.

For dinner we had the last three of the lamb forequarter chops with chips, peas, carrots and I added cucumber to mine.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Chayote: I had a few episodes with documentation myself, so frustrating! Because I do not have a drivers license I needed to apply for another piece of government ID, a photo card. Firstly, when I went I supplied a 'copy' of our marriage certificate which was not acceptable. So, back home I go on the hunt. Next time I go in to apply, I find out again my documentation is not acceptable as I have my maiden name on some ID and married name on others! Sheesh! Took awhile to get all sorted out

We are off to the cottage for the weekend! I woke up bright and early to start getting ready. I think we are having BBQ'd burgs and caesar salad tonite, wings and sausage, pasta salad tomorrow. I went to store to get some groceries to contribute to all the meals. I just love to be right on the water, the sound of the waves lapping up on the shore is so soothing, the scent of the water and pine trees is sooo nice My happy place!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Have a great time Mudder!!
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I am going to grill a steak this evening and likely will also grill squash as well. Last nights dinner wasn’t much because I had a gfi button tripped and it took me a while to locate the dang thing. I may switch from squash to salad.

enjoy your evening.

Comment

It’s been a beautiful day here in the PNW! Blue skies with white puffy clouds and temperatures in the mid 70’s. I got Weed&Feed spread on the front lawn today, quickly realized I’d need a lot more of it for the back yard. I did a curbside pickup at Lowe’s for two big bags and a rolling spreader. I’ll get going on that tomorrow. I also topped off my gas tank while I was close to the Safeway Fuel station. I only needed a half tank but I did get $1 off per gallon. I would have never believed I’d be happy to pay “only” $3.95 per gallon, but I sure was.

I’m going to heat up the other half of the lasagna I got at Jimmy’s on Wednesday and have a half bag of chopped salad with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                Chayote: I had a few episodes with documentation myself, so frustrating!
                I share your pain, MudderBear. It can be a battle proving who you are. When we bought the house in Melbourne 38 years ago, it was all done on two handshakes... one with the agent and one at the bank...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I can totally relate. Yrs ago when they started putting that stupid little star on our drivers license I took all documentation up there. I had everything I needed EXCEPT my marriage license from 1st marriage. Long story short I told her that when I left the last thing I was thinking about was our marriage license. I ask her how the heck would I have my divorce decree if I hadn't been married. Soooo I have no little star and I don't care. We eloped to Tenn and the absolute crap I would have had to go thru to get it was not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                    I can totally relate. Yrs ago when they started putting that stupid little star on our drivers license I took all documentation up there. I had everything I needed EXCEPT my marriage license from 1st marriage. Long story short I told her that when I left the last thing I was thinking about was our marriage license. I ask her how the heck would I have my divorce decree if I hadn't been married. Soooo I have no little star and I don't care. We eloped to Tenn and the absolute crap I would have had to go thru to get it was not worth it.
                    As if you would leave and then say, "hang on a sec... I'll just take our marriage license in case I need it one day"... *LOL* Seems that I'm in good company with marriage certificates.

What does the little star mean?

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

As if you would leave and then say, "hang on a sec... I'll just take our marriage license in case I need it one day"... *LOL* Seems that I'm in good company with marriage certificates.

What does the little star mean?
                      I think ? To prove you are who you say. I can't fly, like I would anyway and I cant go in certain Gov buildings ??? Joe is afraid it's going to come to you have to have the star to vote. If it comes to that I'll do whatever I have to to get it. Joe didn't have to do much. Of course he's never had a different name.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post

I think ? To prove you are who you say. I can't fly, like I would anyway and I cant go in certain Gov buildings ??? Joe is afraid it's going to come to you have to have the star to vote. If it comes to that I'll do whatever I have to to get it. Joe didn't have to do much. Of course he's never had a different name.
                        That seems to be the problem with proving who you are. John didn't need our marriage certificate to prove his ID because he has the same name he was born with. In order to fly within Australia we only need to show ID that has a photo, like a driver's licence.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I, too, had trouble getting my driver's license with the RealID (that is what you call it). I had my marriage certificate but never had a signed license. While I was at DMV, the clerk put in a request at Va. Department of Records. Of course, I had the year and date and within 15 minutes she had a copy of the marriage license. If only the rest went smoothly. I was born overseas, and my birth certificate is a carbon copy - not a copy with a seal. I, too, wasn't going to go through the trouble of trying of figure out how I could get an official birth certificate but come to find out I only needed verification of my naturalization papers. However, that was in a different state so a request had to be put in which could take two weeks. She told me it would come to me in an email, which it did. The information was verified and was good for only two months. Well, this was a year ago when you had to make an appointment at DMV. It was 11 weeks before I could get another appointment instead of needing to get in by 8 weeks and I tried other DMVs that were drivable within one hour. Kept my appointment and they accepted the fact I couldn't make an appointment earlier. Next problem, I also had to have a paper with my married name, social security number, address on the same form. So, back I went again and lo and behold I got the RealID license. I figured I wouldn't need it since I don't enter goverment buildings anymore where you need ID nor do I fly - WRONG. My son decided to move to Texas and I will drive with him this coming week. But, I have to fly back home. Thank goodness I decided to get the RealID whether I thought I needed it or not. If you have a passport, that makes quick work of your documents but I didn't have one so I had to jump through hoops. Glad that is over with.

Comment

Vera, I am in a similar situation like you. I was born in Germany and only have a photo copy of the original birth certificate , which was located in a " family book, since both my parents are gone, I have no clue what happened to the " book ". The only proof I have . Thankfully I have my current military ID and my naturalization papers, which happened in Kansas. But I have it. Also my passport is still current , until 2024 and even so I don't travel overseas anymore I will renew my passport. Just to be on the safe side. I just checked my Texas Drivers License and it already has that star on it . I never noticed that before, so I guess I am ok. I have to renew my Texas DL in December on my birthday. I already got the notice in the mail , telling me what to do. I don't understand all the new requirements to get your DL renewed , I really don't.
                            We have all the illegals ( migrants ) coming across without paperwork , getting everything free including drivers licenses and we American people have to produce all this paperwork showing that we are legal. Makes no sense to me, but then very little does these days.

Comment

I hear you, Sabine. We have to jump through hoops, but somehow non-American citizens don't have to produce all this paperwork. That is our government for you - I think they call it red tape and plenty of it. Glad you have the Real ID now. Not sure what my son and his wife will have to produce to get a Texas driver's license other than give up their Virginia one. They better take documentation with them to perhaps save them multiple trips.

Comment

Working...
                              X