Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a clear sky, windy, low humidity, with the high of 78 and the low of 59.

BBQ pork, baked beans, cole slaw, deviled eggs and strawberries will be dinner.

What yummy in the tummy dinner is calling you name?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I had cocktails for dinner last night and boy am I not 20 anymore lol. I managed to get the dog out for a walk after 2 giant iced coffees. I have ribs in the smoker for dinner. I made garlic butter confit the other day so I will use the butter to make garlic bread. I also have corn on the cob and pea salad. I got a 6 baskets of grape tomatoes on clearance so I sliced them in half and they are all in the dehydrator. I love adding dried tomatoes to instant pot spaghetti, it makes it so extra.

Since my dog is an idiot and eats every plant I look at, I have no veggies in my little planter. I do have lettuce, kale and very strong herbs since he wont touch those. I guess I should dry some of the sage since its growing like crazy, but if you have any ideas for using up a bunch of sage I am all ears.

Comment

It's nice here today. Wee bit humid for my taste but opened the house up. Catching up laundry and Joe is mowing. Started supper early. Have mashed potatos done, hamburger almost thawed for meatloaf and zap some garden corn I put In the freezer last yr.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
        any ideas for using up a bunch of sage I am all ears.
        Apparently you can cleanse houses of negative energies if you tie the sage in a bundle and then burn it. The way my luck goes when selling houses, I'd probably set fire to it...

Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

We were planning on visiting the display home of the house we are building but it turned out to be a very cold day. Right now it's 2°C = 35°f and it's going to be cold and raining for all of the coming week.

Dinner tonight: John had crumbed chicken, pumpkin, peas and herb bread; I had soup and herb bread.
          Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It’s another really pretty day up here, temperatures in the low 80’s, just really nice. I’m so proud of myself, I got the whole backyard covered in Weed&Feed today, I used about 30 pounds of it and I’m hoping that will kill those Jurassic sized dandelions I get. I had one by my back door a few weeks ago that was 4 feet tall, no joke. I’m going to hit a couple of other areas in the yard tomorrow with Round Up. Everything grows like crazy up here, especially weeds. I’m all showered and in my comfy yoga pants so I’m in for the night. I’m going to watch the last 3 episodes of Game of Thrones tonight that I’ve been binge watching lately. I never saw it when it was first on, but it really is good.

I'm doing simple tonight. I’ve got peeled and deveined shrimp that I’m going to sauté in butter and garlic and then add some sesame teriyaki sauce to it, make some yakisoba noodles and steam some yellow squash with some Trader Joe’s Citrusy Garlic seasoning. Yum!

Comment

Working...
            X