Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is another humid day with the high of 84 and the low of 66. It is so dry the grass is browner than it is green.

Dinner is an easy meal of a cobb salad, dinner rolls and DGS requested another strawberry smoothie.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Nice out right now. Headed for 90 and humid this afternoon.
    made ham salad late last night. Going to make parm ranch chicken. Have corn and mashed potatos leftover from the crapmeat. Think I'll fry the potatos with cheese and green onion

Comment

John and I went to poker today but unfortunately the meal I had was horrible. It was described as "bbq pork spare ribs with mashed potato" but the meat was not night. I thought being bbq'd it would be slightly crispy but it was like a gelatinous goo. The mashed potato was of much the same consistency. John wanted me to complain and ask for another meal but I was no longer hungry by then. At 1pm he went to play poker and Julia picked me up from the club to spend the day with Andrew. We had such fun together. We played so many board games: we played a Bluey game, snakes and ladders, hungry hippos, pirate in a barrel, a dinosaur counting game, memory card game that he made himself (impressive), dominos and Snap. After all those board games, we ended the day just making up little games with the 55 little dinosaurs. Andrew loves games that he makes up, I think because he can changed the rules as he goes along... *LOL* Such is the life of a 6yo. We made another play date for Thursday and will go to the Plaster Fun House and Maccas for lunch and play on the indoor vertical play room.

Tomorrow morning we need to have fasting blood tests. I'm not very good at fasting but we'll get through it. We'll get some breakfast somewhere while we are out and on the way home we'll find some OP shops to explore. I'm on a mission to 'save' any neglected/abused/unloved Cabbage Patch dolls. They usually sell at OP shops for between $4 - $6 and are usually naked. I'm getting good at rescuing their hair and removing pen marks from faces. CPK shoes are almost impossible to buy here but I've just discovered that I can buy them from USA at a reasonable price. Postage is a nightmare but I'm hoping to find other members of the doll club who might join me in an order. I'm having more fun with dolls now than I ever did as a child.

Dinner, when we finally got home tonight, was another pork burger for John (3 nights in a row); I had a toasted ham, tomato, onion and cheese open sandwich.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It was 77 degrees and so so soooo humid at 5:30 this morning. Since it was so miserable I decided we would just have a quick walk around the block. Of course some little old lady lets her poodles roam free and they decided to try to eat my dog. It took everything in me to keep him from snatching those things up for a snack. I told hubs next time I see them running in the street I am going to run them over. He said that mean lol. Its not hard to leash your dogs.

Anyways, I have the rest of the pork loin in the crockpot cooking down until it falls apart. I made the sauce nice and thick. I think it will be over mashed potatoes, the instant kind because I am lazy today.

Comment

I's a cloudy, cool day here. Hubs asked if I wanted to go to town and I already had a list in the make, lol! Picked up some grocery items that were on sale and hit the dollar store.
          Dinner will be take-out wings from the Legion for DS and hubby...I got my usual turkey Hungry Man dinner!
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It was another very pretty day today, a little bit cooler than yesterday, so very comfortable. I got my new tires put on today and came home and watched the recordings of the January 6th hearing held today. I did get the meat and seasoning put together to make Frikadellen patties tomorrow. Other than that I’ve accomplished nothing!

I’m going to finish up the pineapple glazed chicken and 7 Great Grains and have some creamed spinach with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
              It was another very pretty day today, a little bit cooler than yesterday, so very comfortable. I got my new tires put on today and came home and watched the recordings of the January 6th hearing held today. I did get the meat and seasoning put together to make Frikadellen patties tomorrow. Other than that I’ve accomplished nothing!

I’m going to finish up the pineapple glazed chicken and 7 Great Grains and have some creamed spinach with it.
              Oh Charlene. I so often have to Google what you're eating lol. Never heard of frikdellen. Sounds good. TY for introducing me to so many new things you are adventurous which is a good thing. I planted spinach this year with your recipe of skillet sausage, white beans and spinach in mind. We LOVE that recipe.

Comment

Working...
              X