How do you catch a mouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you catch a mouse?

I bought 3 of those little boxes the mice walk into and cannot get out of. It's worked with every mouse so far, but we have a smart little booger who can get back out of the box. We don't like to kill them. The boxes are catch and release far away form your home. I hate the snap traps. I'm always scared I'm going to snap my fingers and it takes me a long time to set the danged thing. And, I will not use poison in my house or the glue strips. I have to get rid of this mouse before my granddaughter visits in early August.

Its been a long time since I had to worry about mice. But I used the snap traps ,put some cheese and peanut butter on it and that did it every time.
    Ask your husband to help you with the snap traps,
    Last edited by Sabine; 07-16-2022, 08:03 PM.

Comment

We had a dog once that behaved very cat-like. Whenever we had a mouse come in (mostly through her doggy door) she would steer it towards an open door.

Can't help you with a non-kill option... We had a mouse plague a couple of decades ago and we caught them using a bucket of water. John made a contraption that involved a ramp up the side that led to a kind of baited 'diving board'. I'm not sure I would do that now though... not very humane
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Growing up on a dairy farm we always had mice and rats. The first line of defense was a colony of cats, then the buckets of water to drown them. We used glue traps in the house. Rodents spread disease so I do not care about being humane.

Comment

The only time I ever had mice I had cats to take care of them. Big problem was the fact that the cats brought them in the house to begin with. I guess they didn’t have enough catnip mice to play with.

Comment

One mouse caught in a snap trap. Hope that is the only one

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
              One mouse caught in a snap trap. Hope that is the only one
              There's no such thing as only one mouse, LOL!

image.png

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                Growing up on a dairy farm we always had mice and rats. The first line of defense was a colony of cats, then the buckets of water to drown them. We used glue traps in the house. Rodents spread disease so I do not care about being humane.
                John was partly brought up by his aunt and uncle on a farm. They had pythons that kept the mice down around the outside house but around the grain silos they had cats which they didn't feed. To feed themselves they caught mice and they must have been good at it because they were fat cats.
                Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                X