Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Way late as dealing with an issue that should have never gotten as far as it did.

It is a very hot and humid day with the high of 92 and the low of 70. Maybe some rain later tonight.

Dinner? I think a BLT would be a good one and DGS will love it with lots of bacon. There is fruit if we decide we want some or ice cream.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It's freaking HH. A/C already running. Joe did the feeding and I think he'll do anything that gets done outside for next few days. Theres a nice breeze so doing some laundry. Cloths should dry quickly.
    He just came in madder than a hornet. Have another d*** coon. Just filled cat barrel with food. It turned it over but didn't get it open. Has to be repairs made on the lid. Time for the trap and bye bye no good coon. We have 2 litters kittens in the barn. I do hope they don't become coon peanuts.

There's one cube steak + sides left. I will have that. Fresh side, fried potatos, leftover peas for him.
    Last edited by rosie; 07-20-2022, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Another chilly day. We went down to Bunnings (hardware/garden centre) to pick up a few things we needed around the house and some bags of potting mix. Andrew is spending the day with us tomorrow and we all decided it would be a good day to get some pots filled and cuttings planted. I bought the cutest little gardening gloves for Andrew to use. He doesn't particularly like getting dirty, especially his hands so the gloves should be perfect. If he enjoys planting cuttings tomorrow I plan on buying some succulent cuttings from eBay. $41 for 35 different succulent cuttings, including postage. My sister bought the same lot a few months ago and she managed to get all 35 cuttings to grow. Hope Andrew and I are just as successful.

I need to prepare the vegetable garden for planting some zucchinis and pumpkins for the summer. I needed some zucchinis in my green grocery order and they cost me $6 for two medium sized... roughly $13 per kilo. Gone are the days when zucchinis were a cheap vegetable. I need to grow several plants of a few varieties. I prefer yellow skinned zucchinis as they seem to have less water and more substance to them. On the other hand, I ordered a whole pumpkin for $5.70 and the one I received weighs 7kg. I'll be making two large batches of pumpkin soup, one for us and one for Julia and still have some left for baked pumpkin for dinners and will try some pumpkin scones.

Dinner tonight was sausages cooked in the air fryer and wrapped in fresh bread with grilled onion and coleslaw. One of our favourite dinners.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I took the dog out at 5:30 to do his business and he was rearing to play. I put on his bubble machine and 15 min later I though he was going to have a heat stroke. No walking today. Its the stinking humidity. No idea what's for dinner. Popsicles sound good though.

Comment

Actually muz, I smashed some strawberries, a touch of sugar, let them sit for about an hour in fridge and put them into popsicle molds, put the lids on and froze. Just checked them and they are frozen and taste great!!!! I am thinking sugar free pudding and making pudding popsicles. Just a thought. DGS will probably eat all of them before the night is over and I am ok with that. It is just horrid out. I feel for anyone working out in this nasty humidity or does not have AC.

Just thought about cheesecake ones that would taste pretty good also. A swirl of strawberries mixed in and man that sounds good. I think you can get cheesecake pudding or just a small cheesecake would work.

Comment

That sounds good LTB. I tried to make pudding pops. Didn't turn out so good. Not creamy like the ones ya buy. Read later to mix cool whip into pudding before freezing. Haven't tried that.
            I made an eclair dessert today.
            Last edited by rosie; 07-20-2022, 04:11 PM.

Comment

It’s been a perfect summer day, clear, kind of warm, just really nice. I think I’ve been adopted by a really sweet cat. It was on my porch yesterday, not afraid of people at all and such a sweetheart. I gave her water and some food, and she’s been out there all day sleeping on the bench. I’ve posted in all the lost and found sites for the area but nobody seems to be missing the cat. I’m calling it a her, I tried to check gender yesterday and there was no way I was going to get a look! I’ve been busy, the lady that bought the riding mower picked it up today and I got all the other yard machines put in the storage shed and out of the garage, dusted all the mini-blinds and I’m going to hang a couple more pictures in the guest room either this evening or tomorrow.

I’m making my favorite baked fish with tomatoes and olives and I’ll roast some asparagus to go with it.

Comment

Yes, you can also mix cool whip into softened ice cream and make popsicles out of them. Extra creamy and good. I bet that would work for the fruit ones just as long as not a lot of the cool whip was used.

I made the eclair cake about 2 weeks ago and DGS helped and then in the end ate almost all of it. He totally loved it. I think next time we have decided that cheesecake pudding with some fresh strawberries on top would not only make it look pretty but add an extra flavor. No sugar on them and you would want them dry, so you don't end up with a soupy mess.

This heat just makes eating not the first thought I have throughout the day at all. I am just drinking water all the time. Probably why I am just not hungry.

Icky for the next several days.

Comment

OOOOO cheesecake pudding OH YES dang wish I'd had that tip before I made it.
                  I also love the idea of ice cream with cool whip mixed in for pops.
                  TY LTB

Comment

You are very welcome. That is what it is about, sharing positive thoughts and suggestions. You have helped me so am happy returning the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X