Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 21st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I been up since 4:15 this morning watering and as soon as it got light enough, I was pulling weeds from garden beds and flower boxes. This humidity makes getting anything done outside a challenge for sure.

The high will be a hot and humid 85 and the low of 70. A few degrees cooler then yesterday but just does not feel like it.

I am thinking strawberry shortcake with ice cream but will probably put out items for sub sandwiches along with some applesauce.

What will your dinner be tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We both spent the day potting cuttings so they will grow by the time we move to what Andrew calls, our "real home" Mostly succulents but it was fun watching Andrew fill pots with soil and then poke the cuttings into the dirt. He wants to come back on Saturday to see how much they've grown... He enjoyed the lunch he chose... honey sandwich, watermelon and chocolate. If Grandma can't give him his favourite foods for lunch then nobody can. We also watched Hannah while Andrew had his swimming lesson. She didn't care that neither Mum or Dad were there... I had Cheezels and Tiny Teddies!

For dinner John had sausages, mashed potato and onion. I'll probably make a vegemite sandwich later on. I'm cooking soup tonight and zucchini slice tomorrow.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I had the grand kids today. WHen my daughter came to get them we went to get Mexican for lunch. The oldest boy is kind of a sissy about spicy food so I was shocked when he ate a roasted jalapeņo seeds and all. I looked at my daughter and said she better give him a covid test. She just stared at me, then took a bite of the same pepper and said it wasn't hot lol. He did eat the salsa verde which makes my eyes water so she is going to test him when she gets home just to be sure.

Hubs is working down south today so he wont be home until 8 or 9. I will just fix a salad if I get hungry but I am pretty stuffed.

Comment

We've had the heat wave going on here as well, today was a bit cooler and over cast.
        We went in to our niece/hubby's place for lunch today,,,,they have 2 kids a son 4 who we have not seen since he was 2, and a little girl aged 15 mos, first time meeting her. We were also joined by our step Dad who we also have not seen for a long time as well. We just rec'd news the other day that he may only have months to live. He has been dealing with leukemia and now his kidneys are starting to fail. Was nice for us to be all together, but sadly under these circumstances!
        Hubby and I are on our own for dinner tonite and will just finish up some leftover salisbury steaks/gravy, some more af french fries and peas.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s been clear, sunny and warm today. I’ve been busy in the house all day. I finished dusting all the blinds, washed all the bathroom rugs, washed some porcelain figurines, dusted all the picture frames, tops of the doors etc. I’ve still got some more to do but I’ll get to it tomorrow and Saturday. My sister is making a super quick trip up here and she’ll be dropping in on Sunday afternoon. I think she’s got a whole 3 hours to spend with me! The stray cat is still hanging around today too. I wish she and Abby would get along but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

I’m going to air fry a small package of Buffalo wings and I’ll have some salad with them.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
            The oldest boy is kind of a sissy about spicy food so I was shocked when he ate a roasted jalapeņo seeds and all. I looked at my daughter and said she better give him a covid test.
            If Andrew ate a vegetable that wasn't potato, I'd be testing *him* for COVID as well. We have a long standing joke with him that we are going to make broccoli icecream for him. He does eat raw carrot and raw cucumber but no other vegetable.

Sounds like you and your daughter have a good sense of humour regarding children. So many people get uptight over things that won't matter in the future and forget to take the time to laugh...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
              We were also joined by our step Dad who we also have not seen for a long time as well. We just rec'd news the other day that he may only have months to live.
              I'm sorry that your step Dad is going through such a hard time but it sounds like he enjoyed seeing you all for a happy day.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
              X