Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The record continues playing with a hot and humid day with the high of 87 and the low of 70.

DGS says a banana split sounds really good for dinner tonight and I agree. I will put out some veggies with dip in case he wants a little more food for dinner.

What will you be having this Friday evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had an interesting day. Our house in Melbourne sold, contracts exchanged today. Just as I wished, it was bought by a family with young children. The Mum was really happy with the secure front yard already set up for a playground. We are happy with the price and looking forward to moving on and watching our new house grow from the ground up. The water is connected and retaining walls starting next week.

The only downside of today was when we called in at Maccas at about 2pm for a late lunch. The food was ok and the restaurant was clean. The problem we had was that the disabled toilet/bathroom was locked and a sign on the door directing anyone needing to use it had to ask the manager to unlock it. We spoke to the manager who claimed that the disabled bathroom has been vandalised three times last month, hence their decision to lock it. Lie... the sign on the door has been there long enough to gather dust. I suspect that they don't want to pay their cleaner to service three toilets. I've written feedback to McDonalds HQ and requested a response. Unimpaired people don't need to ask to use the toilet... disabled people shouldn't be treated differently. I hate discrimination in any form.

Having eaten Maccas for late lunch, we didn't feel like eating much tonight. We just made sandwiches at around 10pm. John made his with leftover sausages and onion. I was more creative: ham, onion, avocado and alfalfa sprouts with Catalina dressing.

Need to finish my housework tonight as Julia and the children are calling in around lunchtime tomorrow (Saturday)
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
      We had an interesting day. Our house in Melbourne sold, contracts exchanged today. Just as I wished, it was bought by a family with young children. The Mum was really happy with the secure front yard already set up for a playground. We are happy with the price and looking forward to moving on and watching our new house grow from the ground up. The water is connected and retaining walls starting next week.

The only downside of today was when we called in at Maccas at about 2pm for a late lunch. The food was ok and the restaurant was clean. The problem we had was that the disabled toilet/bathroom was locked and a sign on the door directing anyone needing to use it had to ask the manager to unlock it. We spoke to the manager who claimed that the disabled bathroom has been vandalised three times last month, hence their decision to lock it. Lie... the sign on the door has been there long enough to gather dust. I suspect that they don't want to pay their cleaner to service three toilets. I've written feedback to McDonalds HQ and requested a response. Unimpaired people don't need to ask to use the toilet... disabled people shouldn't be treated differently. I hate discrimination in any form.

Having eaten Maccas for late lunch, we didn't feel like eating much tonight. We just made sandwiches at around 10pm. John made his with leftover sausages and onion. I was more creative: ham, onion, avocado and alfalfa sprouts with Catalina dressing.

Need to finish my housework tonight as Julia and the children are calling in around lunchtime tomorrow (Saturday)
      CONGRATS !!! On selling your Melbourne house. That's a big relief id think.

Comment

Temp not so bad at 81. BUT humidity ugh. Fed/watered the critters. Watered the lousey garden. Got the first tomato, few cucks & few beans not enough for a mess. Aarrgghh

Going to do my all time fav tonight. Italian beef stir fry. Toasted garlic bread.

Comment

"The problem we had was that the disabled toilet/bathroom was locked and a sign on the door directing anyone needing to use it had to ask the manager to unlock it. We spoke to the manager who claimed that the disabled bathroom has been vandalised three times last month, hence their decision to lock it. Lie... the sign on the door has been there long enough to gather dust. I suspect that they don't want to pay their cleaner to service three toilets. I've written feedback to McDonalds HQ and requested a response. Unimpaired people don't need to ask to use the toilet... disabled people shouldn't be treated differently. I hate discrimination in any form."

How do you know it was a lie Chayote ? Just because there was dust on the sign doesn't mean the bathroom wasn't cleaned. Maybe you should have checked the toilets etc. to see if there were clean.
          Good luck getting a response. The restroom was locked because there was vandalism and no restaurant needs to put up with that, not even McDonalds, so they did the only thing they could do, they locked the restroom to prevent further damage. Don't take it so personal, they were not thinking of you and your husband.
          Had the other restroom , the one for non - disabled people , also been locked , and you , yourself had to ask for a key, would you have been upset then also ?
          Last edited by Sabine; 07-22-2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Still hot here, but humidity has lifted somewhat....I actually declined to have my last swim of the day as it was shady and breezy...of course I get up to the house in full sun and HOT, and wished I would have had that last cool off. On to prep dinner which was a deli cooked chicken, caesar salad and scones, radishes picked from the garden.
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Chayote: good news about your house sell!!!!
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Yay Chayote!! Congratulations on getting the house sold!!

It’s been another really pretty day today, temps in the 70’s. We’re in for hot weather next week, temps in the 90’s for at least 4-5 days. I did deep dusting and mopping today, tomorrow will be the final vacuuming and dusting. One thing for sure, I won’t have to do anything next week! I’ve still got my stray cat, she seems quite happy to lounge on my front porch all day. I posted some signs in the neighborhood and on every lost pet page I could find. I hope someone claims her, I really don’t want another pet at this point and I know the cat and Abby don’t get along.

I’m heating up the other serving of baked fish with tomatoes and olives and I’m roasting some asparagus to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  How do you know it was a lie Chayote ? Just because there was dust on the sign doesn't mean the bathroom wasn't cleaned. Maybe you should have checked the toilets etc. to see if there were clean.
                  Good luck getting a response. The restroom was locked because there was vandalism and no restaurant needs to put up with that, not even McDonalds, so they did the only thing they could do, they locked the restroom to prevent further damage. Don't take it so personal, they were not thinking of you and your husband.
                  Had the other restroom , the one for non - disabled people , also been locked , and you , yourself had to ask for a key, would you have been upset then also ?
                  #1..........I didn't believe the manager because he said the decision to lock the disabled toilet was made within the last month, whereas the amount of dust on the sign indication longer.

#2..........I did not see if the toilet was clean because the door was locked.

#3..........You're absolutely correct, they were not thinking of me or my husband, in fact they were not thinking about anyone. Perhaps, to prevent future vandalism events, they should hire a security guard to protect everyone entering the building.

#4..........I would have been inconvenienced but (not upset, merely annoyed) and I might have understood if all the toilets were locked and not just the disabled. I don't know about your country, but here if a restaurant has tables for inhouse dining, by health laws there must be toilets easily available for able and disabled diners.

But you're right and I'm wrong and thank you for pointing that out. I shouldn't have supported my husband in trying to correct something that shouldn't be happening. Perhaps we should have just decided not to go there again and leave the problem for someone else. My bad!
                  Last edited by Chayote; 07-23-2022, 12:14 AM.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Thank you rosie, MudderBear and Charlene. We are happy and relieved and also pleased that another family with children will call the house 'home'.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                    X