Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with rain predicted and more HH weather for today. The high of 84 and the low of 73.

DGS will be gone all day into late evening, so I am having a dish of fruit and cheese.

What delicious meal for tonight is calling your name?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Julia and the children called in this afternoon for Andrew to check on "his" plants. He was happy to see how much they have grown... since two days ago when they were planted... I'm happy if he's happy. Julia gave me some donuts from a little town called Tanunda a short drive from where we are living. The town is in the Barossa Valley (wine growing) where a tiny Mum and Dad bakery won the competition to find the best donuts in Australia. They still only open three days a week and close once they run out of stock which is usually around midday. Julia made a day of it to take the children for a day out and to buy donuts and a visit to a nice playground there. She gave me four donuts... two lemon curd, one fresh cream and berries and one fresh cream and homemade jam.

After they left I put on a big pot of soup and I'm about to put some in the freezer. I won't fit much in as I only have the freezer at the top of the fridge. The rest will get finished during the week. Tomorrow I'll be cooking some zucchini slice to give Julia for her lunches next week. It's going to be warm again tomorrow so am planning on filling the clothesline before we run out of clothes.

Dinner tonight was lamb chops, mashed potato, carrots, peas and onion. I had one small chop with lettuce, avocado, peashoots, onion and Catalina dressing.

Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

We had a doozy of a storm this morning. Mail person told me there's trees down everywhere. We have a large limb down from the tulip tree. Joe's gonna have to get the chain saw fired up. It's suppose to be in the high 90s today with dew point on high 70s ugh
      we're going to finish the stir fry. It is so yummy

Comment

It’s been a very pretty day today, and we’ll have maybe 2 more before it starts getting HOT here. I’ve got the house all clean, vacuumed, dusted and generally tidied up for my short visit with my sister tomorrow, I wish she was staying a bit longer but it is what it is. At least I won’t have to do much next week but enjoy the AC.

I’m going to make one of my favorite throw it together meals tonight. I’ll use up the cilantro rice, add some salsa verde, cotija cheese, some Canadian bacon, leftover roasted asparagus and 2 fried eggs. I’m tellin’ ya, it’s heaven on a plate for me!

Comment

I made the mistake of going to a Corvette car show with hubs. It was 90 degrees and full of bald creepy old men. I mean they put professional photos in front of their cars and trophies they won in the past. I mean to each his own but it was NO fun at all. The only car I was remotely interested in was 400k. Apparently it was some kind of home built car but when I started asking stupid girl questions the old men got flustered. The only reason I agreed to go was because it was held at the national Packard museum and I always wanted to go. That was a disappointment also. At least I can cross it off my bucket list.

We are having a going away party for my daughter tomorrow at a seafood place. Its going to cost a fortune but getting the kids together is worth it. She is off to Seattle on Friday. Honestly, I cant wait to go visit. They got some kind of super luxury apartment overlooking the Potomac river. I think they will live on the 30th floor or something crazy. Her and her hubs both work in IT and job hop all the time. Things are so different now. I remember just working for one company your whole life. They seem to change jobs every 2 years and get to travel the world while doing so. She is super snooty though so I can handle her in small doses.

Anyways, we stopped at Texas Roadhouse on the way home, it hit the spot today.

Comment

Have they found a place in Seattle yet? Rents there are through the roof right now.

Comment

Charlene, they have some super luxury apartment, its 4k a month. I guess your only young once and they can afford it. I cant wait to go visit!

Comment

I hope they get parking with their apartment! Traffic is a real cluster**** down there.

Comment

No parking. They sold their car. They claim everything is in walking distance. I think their apartment might have a grocer inside, I am not sure.

Comment

Well, if nothing else, Amazon and Whole Foods deliver groceries. I couldn’t live like that, I need my wheels and it’s way too people-y down there.

Comment

Working...
                    X