Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 24th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I just got home as I had a call at 1:20 this morning from one of the children that their mom was sick and would I please help. I called the ambulance before I left home and just barely beat it there. I just feel so bad for the children, it upsets them so much, but they know it also helps their mom. I waited till 7 this morning and called in the troops and the women that are such angels have come on board and we have a schedule set up and food supply chain for the family for the next week. I stayed on this morning and found food that I could prepare for today and part of tomorrow for a jumpstart for the family. The ladies are taking over the rest of the planning and will let everyone know what day they are responsible for. We do breakfast, lunch and dinner so the father just needs heating and serving. I see a nap in my short- term future.

The high will be 90 feeling much higher with horrid humidity, and the low of 70.

My brain is wore out at the moment so I will figure it out what dinner will be later.

What is your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

LTB so awesome to be there in time of need. A true blessing for the family I'm sure. So sad the mom has health problems. I'm sure it takes a huge load off the dad. Great group of ladies!!! We all need a helping hand sometimes

It is hhH. 81 now going into mid 90s. The humidity is thru the roof.
    I'm going to make Charlenes sausage spinach bean skillet. No sweets for awhile. I could not stay out of the eclair cake.

Comment

They are a great group of ladies rosie. I am happy that I know them and can call them friends. The children adore them' and I can see the feeling is mutual. It warms the heart.

Comment

Normal day for us... three loads of washing which all went out on the line. John helped me to finish sorting my sewing stuff into drawers. Did some vacuuming and bed changing. All boring stuff.

For dinner we had soup and buttered bread. It was very good soup.

Podiatry tomorrow, a trip to the Post Office and possibly a short drive to an Op Shop that we drove past a few days ago.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It’s another pretty day today, bright and sunny. I’m really not looking forward to heat this week but my location will probably be cooler than a lot of other areas, at least I hope so! If not, AC to the rescue! My sister will be arriving shortly, she’s taking me out for an early birthday dinner this afternoon. I chose Ixtapa for Mexican food, love their Gobernador tacos, carne asada with shrimp and avocado, served with street corn. So good!

Comment

Mixed bag weather today. Hung out with DD, she stayed here after being at a bachelorette party yesterday.
            I morphed leftover deli chicken into chicken alfredo and made some garlic bread for dinner tointe.
            Looks like covid 'may' be in the house here soon...ugh...our son ( the one that lives with us) went to a concert in the city with other son & wife Thursday nite...she has tested positive today. We shall see what transpires.
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I sure hope not Mudder. I hope your sons isolates his self from the rest of the house till he knows, and you or your husband do not get it.

Comment

Working...
              X