Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with a good chance of rain along with a humid high of 83 and the low of 68.

I am on duty for dinner for the family tonight as the mom is still in the hospital. I made an extra pan of mac and cheese last night that can just be reheated, hot dogs with buns. sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, applesauce I pulled from the freezer and Rice Krispie bars.

We are having leftover mac and cheese and DGS wants hot dogs as I rarely have them and for sure some rice treats.

What will you be having?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

A rather nice day here. Hung out at lake for awhile and vegged, my mind is scewed. Got some bad news yesterday that DD job was terminated immediately..down scaling big time. She worked at Shopify in recruitment for the last 5 years and was making her way up the ladder. Made a crazy amount of money. Now what? She has a 21 week severance package. She says she is not worried about finding another job.
    Then we got the news of one of our dear friends death last nite, he had been in hospice for 4 days. He fought a long battle with heart and lung issues for the last few years.
    Not really in the mood for cooking up a storm...we will just have some pita pizzas.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder, my sympathy for the loss of your friend. <3. Also what a jolt for your daughter she sounds like a go getter. She should be able to find a job easily. It's just such a hassle especially when ya don't see it coming.

Comment

I am with rosie on the sympathy for your friend and his family. Your daughter will have some adjustments but will pull up and maybe even get a better job with better pay and benefits.

Two pieces like that will certainly mess with your mind. Take care and know that she will be fine, and your friend is no longer fighting his health battle but is healthy and has peace now.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Mudder, I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s death and your daughter’s job. I know what a jolt losing a job to downsizing is, I got laid off after 27 years back in 1998.

It’s another very warm day here today, currently about 84 where I am. It feels better than yesterday, haven’t had to turn the AC on yet. My stomach has been bothering me since yesterday, feels like a flare up of diverticulosis. I get it once in awhile, it usually resolves itself in a couple of days. Not much else happening today.

I’m going to reheat some of the smoked sausage, zucchini and cheesy rice I made a couple of days ago. I’ll probably freeze the rest of it. I’ll have some fruit with it.

Comment

Working...
          X