Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 31st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It hazy this morning with the sun peeking through along with the high of 85 and the low of 66 with the humidity rising. Again.

Hot turkey sandwiches, green beans and cucumber and tomato salad for dinner tonight.

What will be your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am going to see what I can throw together for dinner this evening. I may not get past a grilled cheese sandwich. I’ve been traveling for a couple of weeks and made a small grocery order this morning but forgot to put a few things on the list and don’t think I want to make an order to fill in what I left off. I can always order a small pizza and salad to be delivered. The pantry no doubt has stuff I don’t want to prepare.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

It’s still quite warm out but somewhat cooler than yesterday and starting tomorrow and the rest of the week will be quite a bit cooler, thank goodness. SeaTac airport broke a record today, first time ever having 6 consecutive days over 90. I’ve just being staying inside in the comfortable house and taking it easy.

I’m going to heat up more of the Cuban pork roast and mashed potatoes and have salad with it. That should use up those leftovers nicely.

Comment

this is our latest news about the extreme heat here in south Texas

San Antonio had 17 days of triple-digit heat in June. The norm is two. That is consecutive days!

Numerous Texas cities observed a siege of 100-degree days in June amid extreme drought

So enjoy your 90 degree weather.

Comment

That weather is why I don’t live in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            That weather is why I don’t live in Texas.
            Well, if 90 degrees is too much for you , you would not make it here .
            But my point was that maybe you ( and a few others on this board ) should stop complaining about 90 degrees heat. Other parts of this country , like Texas, Arizona , New Mexico , had to endure and are still having to deal with 100 + temps, with no end in sight and no rain.

Comment

I mean we could pass some green energy bills to help reduce climate change. Until then I am going to complain about the 90 degree weather.

Comment

Me too. We moved to western WA partly because we knew that 90+ days were very rare, and believe me, the residents here appreciate our pleasant weather.

Comment

Working...
                X