Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is getting light enough that I see a partly sunny sky with a high of 77 and the low of 62. A day that will be enjoyed as tomorrow that will end.

Salmon patties, baked sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli and cantaloupe will be dinner.

What will delicious meal will be your dinner?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

The temp is 72. Dew point is 72. Needless to say ya need a knife to cut the air. High of 90 with opressive humidity.
    Joe had a bad night and is not feeling good. So who knows what he'll want. It's also knit group. I will not be bringing home junk food.

Comment

I hope Joe feels better soon.

I see your weather for today and know it will be mine tomorrow. It will be a day I will not be outside if I can help it. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Comment

TY LTB. He's almost 82 and works like he's 20. He does to much for to long. Hard stuff. I can't convince him to slow down. He's old and things don't have to be done at high speed. Hopefully he'll feel better very soon.

Comment

You are welcome. Tell him you booked a flight for Ireland, put in a video, give him a cold glass of something and hopefully he will sit, relax, watch it and take a nap. Hopefully.

Comment

We went out today for the first time in weeks but it was really too cold. John has been very unwell again He scares me so much.

Our dinner tonight: John can only eat small amounts so he had one slice of bread, a grilled sausage and one onion ring; I had a bowl of soup and a rare beef sandwich with cheese and pea shoots.

Busy day tomorrow with an appointment with a lawyer in the morning and I'm having an MRI on my knee in the afternoon. We will see the children tomorrow and are looking forward to that. Hannah has had her first haircut since she was born. Apparently she sat very still and enjoyed the whole process... the exact opposite to her brother... She really did need a trim:

image.png
            Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
              We went out today for the first time in weeks but it was really too cold. John has been very unwell again He scares me so much.

Our dinner tonight: John can only eat small amounts so he had one slice of bread, a grilled sausage and one onion ring; I had a bowl of soup and a rare beef sandwich with cheese and pea shoots.

Busy day tomorrow with an appointment with a lawyer in the morning and I'm having an MRI on my knee in the afternoon. We will see the children tomorrow and are looking forward to that. Hannah has had her first haircut since she was born. Apparently she sat very still and enjoyed the whole process... the exact opposite to her brother... She really did need a trim:

image.png
              OH MY GOODNESS she is absolutely beautiful!!! is this before or after her trim?
              I'm very sorry to hear John is not feeling well. I do hope he feels better soon.
              We just found out Joe's sister has covid. She was here Sat. Joe just left to get tested. Ugh If he has it, I have it.

Comment

Prayers for both of that you do not have it.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post

OH MY GOODNESS she is absolutely beautiful!!! is this before or after her trim?
                  I'm very sorry to hear John is not feeling well. I do hope he feels better soon.
                  We just found out Joe's sister has covid. She was here Sat. Joe just left to get tested. Ugh If he has it, I have it.
                  Would Joe be able to get the paxlovid capsules if he gets COVID? Apparently it has good results. We've been spared so far with COVID. If John gets it from anywhere it will be at poker. They have hand sanitiser on the poker tables and I've told him that he has to use it between deals. John is as good as he can be. He saw this cardiologist today who has suggested more surgery on his heart... something about a plug that goes his heart through the vein in his neck and with that, he could stop taking blood thinners. He's so anaemic and never seems to catch up.

That photo of Hannah was before her hair cut. This is the after. From what I can see she only had the front cut to keep it out of her eyes:

image.png
                  Last edited by Chayote; 08-02-2022, 12:09 PM.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Positive energy and healings thoughts going to Joe and John, I know how frightening it is when illness hits.

Oh my goodness, that gorgeous curly hair! Just adorable. She’ll probably curse it in her teenage years but will later come to appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                      Positive energy and healings thoughts going to Joe and John, I know how frightening it is when illness hits.

Oh my goodness, that gorgeous curly hair! Just adorable. She’ll probably curse it in her teenage years but will later come to appreciate it.
                      Thank you, Charlene... more than most, you understand my fears.

Most of my family has curly hair and most curse it even as an adult, me included. I get mine cut as short as possible to stop the curls, as do my both sisters. Julia pulls hers back in a tight bun. Andrew loves his curls but I'm not sure he's going to keep them. Hannah has ringlets and we love them. So many strangers stop to talk to Julia about Hannah's curls and although she appreciates their kindness, she'd just rather get her shopping done. She's often likened to Shirley Temple... some say she looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid (which is true). I went through the same when Julia was a baby with people wanting to touch her hair... If strangers get too close to Hannah, she (Hannah) growls at them which is kinda funny to watch. She's a force to be reckoned with.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

TY Charlene
                        Thankfully Joe is negative

Comment

Answered prayers.

Comment

Cloudy and cool this morning, then blue sky and sunshine...I just stayed here at house and tried to catch up on housework after the holiday wknd...it was very busy!
                            Rosie: hope Joe feels better soon
                            Chayote: hope John is fine, and not have covid! And Hannah is such a cutie!
                            We BBQ'd some chicken marinated in BBQ sauce, garlic & Italian salad dressing, was very delish! Sides of cauliflower and rice...and also trying to finish up the last of a bag of 30 cobs of corn that hubby bought for the wknd...this is day 4 for corn lol!
                            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Its been a busy day. I have been packing up knick knacks and everything possible in the living room and kitchen. A large dog and espresso colored floors just do not work. We are going to the lake house on Thursday and they are putting in a white washed gray color floor. Its my least favorite color floor there is, as in I hate it. It hides dirt really well though surprisingly. Having grew up in a hoarder house it kills me to not have spotless looking floors. At least I will be able to feel relaxed since it will look clean.

I took the big dog to the vets for a pedicure today since he refuses to let me touch his nails. They actually said his nails were short enough with all the walking on pavement we do. One of the vet tech lives nearby and commented on how much I walk him. The plus side to having a high energy dog is it forces me to get out and get moving. While I was there I made an appointment to send my chihuahua to be with Jesus. She's 18, blind, deaf and started loosing a ton of weight. She was only 5 lbs at her heaviest and is maybe 3 now. Of course hubs said she is just fine and I am rushing into this. He is just upset and wont say it. All it would take is one little bump and she will break a hip she is so frail. This is the worst part of having animals.

I roasted a chicken today with a bunch of veggies. It was a little boring honestly.

Comment

Working...
                              X