Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 5th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I had a first yesterday when I stepped out the door and was getting my mail. Instantly my glasses fogged up so heavily that I could not see a thing and I felt something on both cheeks. Upon taking my glasses off I saws it was condensation running off the lenses. The humidity was so bad that I had trouble breathing for about 3-4 minutes even after getting back into the house. I honestly do not know how people that work outside are not having heatstroke or passing out. I have a cooler out on the porch for UPS, FEDEX and the mailperson that is full of bottled water for them for the taking. It has a sign and is easily visible from the road.

It is overcast with rain predicted along with the humidity and the high of 82 and the low of 70. Then the temperature climbs for the next 3 days.

I shuffled 3 lbs. of bacon in and out of the oven early yesterday day morning, real early, and packed up and froze it. I kept some out for BLTs tonight as my tomatoes are doing good and it makes a meal that we both love. Being prebaked makes it a snap and no heat preparing the sandwiches. Peaches over ice cream be a cool ending for the meal.

What will you be having on this Friday night?
    Last edited by livetobake; 08-05-2022, 07:51 AM.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another hot day here,,,not so humid today thank goodness. DD had to head back to her cabin early and miss dinner as she believes she had heat stroke.
    We have a 'gaggle' of family here at the lake this wknd, 2 families have brought their travel trailers, its going to be a lot of fun!
    tonites dinner is BBQ'd steak. baked taters, and green beans.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Oh Mudder. That sounds like so much fun we don't have much family left and the ones we have are off doing their own thing. Don't have time for us old folks.
      We're just doing leftovers. Fish sandwiches, fries, coleslaw

Comment

It’s been a gorgeous day today, bright and sunny and temperatures in the 70’s, just perfect. I haven’t done a whole lot today, watched a movie I’d been wanting to see for about 10 years, Cloud Atlas. I liked it but I can see where a lot of people wouldn’t have. I’ve been watching movies that I’ve recorded in the evenings because there’s nothing but reruns, game shows and the Bachelorettes on network TV right now.

I’m going to heat up the other half of my Papa Murphy’s pizza for my dinner.

Comment

Working...
        X