Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 7th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Someone added fuel into the HHH status with the high of 90 and the low of 74 with the heat index reaching into the mid-upper 90's

Dinner will be either an egg salad or tuna fish salad sandwich, garden cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, a sweet banana pepper and peach smoothies.

What will be your meal of choice?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Oh my goodness! Sure is stifling hot and humid! A bit overcast now, thankfully.
    We had such a fun day yesterday all gathered at the lake..everyone had floaties and we just stayed out on the water for hours....my BIL has a pontoon detachable dock/motor on end of his permanent dock, so we all went for a cruise around the lake.
    Our plans were to have BBQ'd burgs for dinner, but the guys decided to go to the butchers and buy a bunch of wings (270) for fry...crazy....hubby and son were the cookers...too hot of a day to do that I thought.
    So, I'm guessing today's dinner will be the burgs we didn't get to yesterday, caesar salad on the side
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

OMGOSH beyond humid. Ugh hate it. Joe is mowing. Its too dang hot for that.

I put a new recipe in crockpot. It's called sausage/potato casserole. Put cheese on at the end. We'll see ????

Comment

rosie: let us know how that meal turns out...sure sounds yummy!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It does doesn't it Mudder?
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Hey Joe gave it 2 thumbs up. It is tasty and most importantly easy I'll post in TnT

Edited to say I just had my serving. It's ok I would make again on a busy day BUT not anything to write home about. Needs something but not sure what.
            Last edited by rosie; 08-07-2022, 07:15 PM.

Comment

It’s another beautiful day today, it’s been quite comfortable out, although our warmest time of day this time of the year is between 4 pm and 7 pm. I have had to turn on the AC at about 5 pm for a couple of days. I’ve been going through stashes of cooking magazines and I’ve got a bunch I’m going to donate to one of the local Little Libraries. I’m really trying to eliminate a lot of stuff in hidey holes that never get looked at again.

I haven’t been particularly hungry today, which is very unusual for me, so I’m going with an easy dinner. I’m going to make a chicken sandwich using Don Lee grilled chicken patties from Costco and have more of the pasta salad I made.

Comment

I came home to my brand new floors and I am in love with them. I believe we are getting paint and blinds done on Friday. Hubs was squaking about how much money the dog is costing with fencing in the yard and new flooring. I told him it would make more sense if we had two dogs to spread the cost out. He shut up real quick!

I took out the electric stove and we had a gas one put in today. I am not happy that it doesn't sit flush to the wall since you need the allowance for the gas line, but its still better than having electric so I shouldn't complain. We had a gift card to Mission BBQ so that was dinner. It was ok, probably not something I would spend my own money on though.

Comment

Working...
                X