Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with a humid morning that makes breathing a challenge along with a chance of rain and the high of 87 and the low of 72.

I am making smothered pork chops in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, green beans, cherry tomatoes and watermelon.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Tonight I cooked minced beef with cut up vegetables... potato for John and rice for me. John can still only eat very small meals but that's easy to have for the rest of his life if necessary. He's feeling better but the problem is not solved.

We are in planning mode for a road trip to Canberra next week so that John can visit his second eldest brother. John is the second youngest of six children and there's about 10 years between John and this particular brother but they are very close with respect for each other. John can't fly so we will take three or four days to get there. Coming home we'll map out a different route to visit some places we have never seen. We estimate we'll be away for 14-18 days. By the we get home we will have travelled almost 4,000 kilometers... My main job during this trip is to keep John out of hospital. He's desperate to see his brother and I understand that.

We need to keep eating out of the fridge so I don't waste any food. I won't be doing any grocery shopping until after we get home.

Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I wish you and John safe and happy travels Chayote.

It’s a pretty day but kind of warm for my taste, temps in the 80’s. I’ll probably need to turn the AC on in a couple of hours. I got my laundry done this morning and did some tidying up. I’m not feeling all that ambitious today.

I’m trying out a recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi for dinner. It’s going to make enough for 2 or 3 days so I’m only going to add the gnocchi to the portion I’m going to eat at that time. Gnocchi doesn’t reheat well IMHO, so this will keep it fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
        I wish you and John safe and happy travels Chayote.
        Thanks, Charlene. I'm not looking forward to the trip at all but it's what we need to do. We'll most likely do the drive in four days so we don't feel wrecked when we arrive.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Not pushing yourself is an excellent plan, it’s awful to rush and arrive completely exhausted. Please be safe out there!

Comment

Working...
          X