Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Wow, what a storm we got late evening and into the night. Thunder, lightning, high winds, and rain so heavy I could not see across the street. The high will be a high of 79 and the low of 64 with the humidity a touch lower.

Tacos will the star tonight along with refried beans and rice.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Gray and rainy. Humidity is down a little but still uncomfortable.
    I've been wanting tacos but my teeth won't let me. Have appointment 18th to have 2 pulled. Ugh I despise this. Going to discuss removing remaining uppers.

Cabbage roll without the roll. It's layered.

Comment

Overcast and cooler, humidity is down a bit. We had a tornado alert at dinner time yesterday...I did not get it on my phone...hubs and DS must have, but they didn't tell me! It wasn't til afterwards when it was lifted, that I knew about it. geeze.
      I've taken some thick cut pork chops out of freezer, I will brown them with a sprinkling of garlic pwd, top with ketchup/brown sugar/lemon juice/slice of green pepper/onion. I used to make this back when hubby and I started living together and I considered this recipe 'fancy gourmet' cooking hahaha! Sides of mashed tqters and green beans from the garden.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I am shooting for chicken fried rice on the flat top tonight. If it rains it will be not honey chicken instead.

My dog got skunked yesterday by a whole family of skunks so that was fun. I immediately put him in the tub and scrubbed him and he cleaned up pretty nice. He must have got it in his mouth because his breath still stinks like skunk and I dont know how to fix that. I let him play bubbles for longer than usual hoping the soap would clean his mouth out. Nope, still stinky. Now I plan on poisoning the skunks, not sure thats legal but I just don't care.

Comment

muzette: I feel your pain re:skunked! It happened to our cat last summer...most cats do not like to be bathed...she got it mostly in face as well. Many, many quick washes outside with leather welding gloves lol. First time we tried Dawn soap/peroxide and something else, our black cat became orange, still has some tinges of orange on tips of her fur lol
          A few years ago we more or less became over run with skunks on our property, very carefully most of them were taken away via live trap, but it got so bad, that other measures were taken

Comment

When he was about five years old my grandson was chasing a black "cat" at dusk. I went and got him out of the bathtub, brought him here and we slept outside in a hammock, well he slept, I sat at the picnic table and made sure another skunk did not think he was part of a "family member that was lost" and would come and check him out. That boy had so many baths!!!!!
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I drenched him with Dawn power spray, dumped a pound of baking soda on him and worked it in and then drenched him with peroxide. I let it sit for a few min then bathed him. His fur doesnt smell, its just his breath. If I could figure out how to scrub his mouth I would. No way I am going to live trap a skunk, I want them to be with Jesus.

Comment

here's a funny story with a good ending, could have been a LOT worse!
                during the skunk over run, somehow Momma and babes got in to our front porch, hubby could hear something in middle of nite so went to porch, turned light on to see the skunks, and they shut the door behind them! Trapped in our porch! No other access out of house at the time as we had just ripped off our back deck and door is about 10 ft from ground. So, there is hubs slinking thru skinny side windows of our large livingroom window in his gotchies! He went around and carefully & quietly opened front door and skunks eventually left. Smell stayed in there a long time....DS had been at summer hockey camp and his hockey bag was still on porch filled with hundreds of dollars worth of equipment, I would have hated to replace that! Anyway, all ended up fine.

Comment

I've never smelled a skunk and by the sounds of it, I never want to. Thankfully we don't have them here.

John's poker day today but I stayed home. My knee was sore and I wanted to catch up on whatever housework I could manage. Being a rental house we have the 6 month inspection by the landlord on Saturday morning. I know the house doesn't need to be perfect but I wanted to fold up and put away about three weeks worth of clothes that had been washed, dried and dumped on the couch.

We are just eating out of the fridge to use as much food as we can before we leave on Monday. John had the leftover minced beef and vegetables from last night with a slice of buttered bread. I had a small serving of spaghetti bolognaise.

I bought myself a new mobile/cell phone and it's taking be a long time to get used to. It's a nice phone: Samsung Galaxy A53 5G. I liked my old one better but the battery died and they can no longer be replaced. Clever marketing, Samsung!
                  Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Chayote, it took me awhile to get used to my new iPhone when I got it in December, but I really do like it very much. I had to look up something on my old iPhone and had a hard time remembering how to do the things that were once automatic to me.

It was gray and cloudy when I got up this morning but it has cleared up and the temperatures are in the 70’s again, so much nicer! Not a lot going on here, just the usual daily stuff.

I’m trying out a recipe for a Buffalo chicken pasta casserole and I’ll have salad with it. I’ve wanted to try it for awhile but never did because Ken didn’t do hot sauce, but I love it. I’ll post it if it comes out good.

Comment

Working...
                    X