Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is kinda hazy sky this morning, rain later this evening, and the high will be 84 and the low of 65 with humidity rising.

A salad is calling for a salmon patty and will have garlic toast and watermelon also.

How is your menu for tonight shaping up?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I will definitely be having salad tonight but other than also cooking some yellow squash I don’t have a clue.

Comment

Sounds healthy and good Momma.

Comment

Cleaning out the fridge so whatever I find is what I am getting

Comment

It's been warmer and ALOT more humid. Had a tornado few miles north of us. We juat got lots of thunder. Rain off and on rest of the night.
          Joe processed the pork loins today. I ran them thru the tenderizer and vacuum sealed 4 to a pkg. He made smoked sausage with thhe trimmings. Dang it is good. I was worn out (don't take much) so just made taco seasoned meat, cheesy quesadillas chopped garden tomatos.

Comment

I got all my roasts cut and sealed today also, so DGS carried downstairs for the freezer. I now have a boneless turkey breast, hamburger, ground chicken, ground turkey, porkchops, shrimp, chicken thighs and breasts, chuck roasts, chuck steaks for swiss steak, ham slices from a spiral sliced ham, along with meat that is already cooked and different broths. I am very careful about rotating everything after the work of buying, packaging and cooking some for ease of a meal. We should be set for a while.

Good feeling isn't it rosie?

Comment

It’s a beautiful day today! Bright and sunny and about 74 with a breeze, just perfect! The neighborhood a few blocks from me was having their big garage sale weekend, I went to look just out of curiosity but didn’t buy anything at all. I need more “stuff” like I need another hole in my head!

I’m not feeling too inspired tonight as far as dinner. I’m going to heat up what’s left of the green enchilada chicken soup and maybe finish the half bag of Caesar salad.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                I got all my roasts cut and sealed today also, so DGS carried downstairs for the freezer. I now have a boneless turkey breast, hamburger, ground chicken, ground turkey, porkchops, shrimp, chicken thighs and breasts, chuck roasts, chuck steaks for swiss steak, ham slices from a spiral sliced ham, along with meat that is already cooked and different broths. I am very careful about rotating everything after the work of buying, packaging and cooking some for ease of a meal. We should be set for a while.

Good feeling isn't it rosie?
                WOW LTB that's alot of meat to process. Makes me tired just thinkin about it. And yes it is a nice feeling especially when ya get good deals with meat prices now.
                My neighbors grandson works at a huge turkey farm. He often gets all kinds of turkey for cheap or even free. She brought me a 4 lb boneless roasted turkey breast. But its frozen. I'm not sure how to proceed. It's like you'd buy from the deli. I'd have to thaw to slice then pkg and refreeze ???? Can't use that much before it would go bad. Maybe I'll share with gs

Comment

I make turkey rollups for DGS as he loves them. It is the lunch meat, season with poultry seasoning, pepper, put some stuffing on a slice and roll up. Close with a toothpick, sear lightly, remove from pan and add in turkey broth and make gravy seasoning how you would like and put the rollups in the pan and simmer gently for about 30-40 minutes and serve with sides of choice. Do not cut the slices thick or they will not rollup and the same with not being thin as they will fall apart. Just a thought on one way you could use it and I have never frozen them I bet you could. What a Blessing that is.

Comment

Working...
                  X