Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 21st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with a chance of rain continuing from last night. The humidity is rising with a high of 78 and the low of 66.

BLTs will be dinner along with a fruit salad.

What is cook'n for your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Well, it sure was hot & humid yesterday! we all hung out at lake, Ty, Cassie & Kian came over and brought their trailer parked lakeside. We came up to house to BBQ chicken breasts, burgs and I made a salad from the goodness of our garden.
    Today is still warm but over cast, maybe some rain...I will still go to lake and float.
    Trev bought us some steaks from butcher yesterday, I will get some mushrooms to saute along with sweet onions, baked potatoes and leftover salad from yesterday. A nice Sunday dinner
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It is overcast. Sprinkles now and then. High 78, humidity HIGH.
      going to do Italian brats in the air fryer. Saute peppers & onions for me. Made a ramen slaw last night thanks to Muz lol. Haven't been able to get it off my mind since she mentioned it. Joe may want fried potatos too ? Whatever. I'm not a big fan of Italian sausage. Joe is, so I can handle it occasionally

Comment

Going to put a flank steak on the grill and corn on the cob. I wanted to make the Salad Supreme cold pasta salad to go with it as I haven't made it in about 20 years. Saw something today that reminded me of it. Well, guess what? Can't seem to get the Salad Supreme - two different grocery stores and neither one had it. One lady said the store wasn't able to get it in the past two months. Since it is a combination of different seasonings, I wonder which seasoning that goes into Salad Supreme is difficult to get. I will keep looking around now that it is on my mind.

Comment

Just ordered Salad Supreme from Amazon. Beats running around trying to find it in various stores. Should have it in about a week.

Comment

Vera: I'm curious...I may order the Salad Supreme

Comment

Vera: is it by McCormick's?

Comment

Yes, it is McCormicks but a larger container than in the stores - Costs $6 plus. I could waste that much gas looking since I don't live close to any grocery stores. I can wait.

Comment

I have never heard of salad supreme, so I looked it up. It is available at Walmart and Target. Maybe those stores are close to you Vera ??

Comment

We used to get a seasoning packet for pasta salad,,, not sure of brand, but it was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                      Just ordered Salad Supreme from Amazon. Beats running around trying to find it in various stores. Should have it in about a week.
                      Amazon is my “go to” for hard to find items! With what gas costs these days it’s just easier and as a Prime member I don’t pay for shipping. (Well, I guess I do in the long run, but it’s worth it!)

Comment

It’s a beautiful day today, bright and sunny, doors are open to the nice breeze. Just did the usual house stuff today and spent a lot of time reading. I’m looking forward to the new Game of Thrones prequel starting tonight on HBO, loved GOT!

I’m going to do a repeat of the Shake& Bake pork chop, Stove Top Stuffing and roasted asparagus I made a couple of days ago.

Comment

Sabine - One of the clerks at the grocery store said she tried Walmart, and they were sold out too. According to the websites, it has been a difficult seasoning to get lately. There is a popular spaghetti cold salad you make with this seasoning. I haven't made it in ages, but it was good so I thought I would put one together - thus, my search. Both Target and Walmart are the same distance as my grocery store - 12 miles. But the Target isn't a super Target where they have a lot of groceries, just a few aisles. I will wait for it to arrive in my mail.

Comment

Vera, I am lucky, I have a super Walmart, super Target , regular HEB store, Super HEB store and military commissary all within a 10 min driving distance , plus big Costco store, so I very seldom shop Amazon for food items. But I do shop Amazon for so many other things. We have an Amazon warehouse , central warehouse , just up the road from us. So quite often, depending on what I am ordering, I get it the very next day.
                            I don't shop Walmart or Target for food, unless I absolutely have to, like when we had the Covid shutdown crap going.

Comment

Working...
                            X