Problem logging in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem logging in

I'm not sure what happened, but I've had the same User name and password for ages. I tried logging in and it kept saying I didn't' have a valid password. So, I go to incognito and it let me log in.

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
    I'm not sure what happened, but I've had the same User name and password for ages. I tried logging in and it kept saying I didn't' have a valid password. So, I go to incognito and it let me log in.
    I have been on this board for many years, too many years maybe. But I didn't know there was such a thing as " incognito " ?? Where is that located on the board.?

Comment

Well, that's odd. I don't even log in here... 'remember me' or something?
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I made the mistake of clearing the cache memory on my phone recently. I had to log back in to everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

I have been on this board for many years, too many years maybe. But I didn't know there was such a thing as " incognito " ?? Where is that located on the board.?
          It's not located on the board, it's an option on my computer. It's private browsing.

"In Incognito, none of your browsing history, cookies and site data, or information entered in forms are saved on your device. This means your activity doesn't show up in your browser history, so people who also use your device won't see your activity."

Comment

Must have been a glitch of some kind. I'm logging in just fine now

Comment

I just stay logged in all the time, don't log off. So it may seem that I am on this board 24/7, but I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                I just stay logged in all the time, don't log off. So it may seem that I am on this board 24/7, but I am not.
                I don't log off, but my computer is set to delete cookies, or whatever keeps you logged in, once I turn off the computer. I turn my computer off every night

Comment

You don't have to delete cookies, they enable you to get back on certain web site

A cookie is a piece of data from a website that is stored within a web browser that the website can retrieve at a later time. Cookies are used to tell the server that users have returned to a particular website.

You may go into your settings and take that off your computer. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
                    Allie. Incognito is a google Chrome Browser choice. not sure this helps. I do not stay signed into this site or any other... with the exception of Facebook on my phone.

Comment

I have a push button that I push every time I am not on my computer. Husband installed it and it doesn't shut down my computer but disconnects it from the Internet. I also stay logged on this website and just click on the name and up it comes.

Comment

Working...
                      X