Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Wow, what a day weather wise yesterday. Started out with heavy rain and thunder, moved onto white puffy clouds and mostly sunny till early evening, sky got darker and at six-thirty phone went off that there was a tornado warning and go into basement or low areas. That lasted till seven, rain started, pitch black, torrential downpour, thunder, lighting, high winds and that lasted till I fell asleep around elven and now dark again this morning with more rain expected. The high will be 77 and the low of 65.

I put some chicken in the crockpot with some onion, celery, diced carrots and garden herbs. I will make gravy later with the broth, shred the chicken, and have over biscuits along with garden green beans, tomato slices and garden roasted beets.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Wild weather here in the middle of the nite...cloudy/rainy today, fairly warm. Feeling lazy. Hubby still not feeling great..now DS has stomach issues, and DD is off today she says, sore throat/congested. She took a test just incase...she was out with a gang to a concert Thursday nite and now 4 of the group are positive.
    Hubby and DS just want a chicken caesar salad for dinner tonite and I will have rice & chcken.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It was very foggy this morning. Wanted to get all laundry done so hung cloths on the line in the fog lol. It cleared to a sunny humid 80 degrees. after running most of the day clothes are done.
      I'm starting my denture journey tomorrow morning. I decided for my last supper I wanted subway.

Comment

I made a turkey breast and green beans. I really want cheesecake though.

Comment

It’s been a beautiful day today, so pretty out there. I had an interesting experience last night, definitely new for me. I was watching TV and I had my front door open with the screen door locked and I heard a funny sound on the porch, almost sounded like a little frog chirping (I have seen them in the past). Well, it wasn’t a frog, it was a good sized raccoon on the porch! I saw his ring tail as it went around to the garage, then it turned and looked at me. I suspect it was going to go after Mendi’s food. Maybe the raccoon is why I haven’t seen the cat for a few days. I got my fiber optic Internet installed today, so far so good! I spent most of the afternoon finishing my book, just couldn’t put it down.

Dinner…good question. I think I’m going to do an Amana Melange tonight. You know, all the little bits of stuff left in the fridge on one plate. Could be interesting!

Comment

Working...
          X