Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 28th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is sunny out with the high of 89 with the heat index of 96 and humidity ramping up again. The low will be 72 so a warm night.

I have put the leftover goulash in the freezer and have made a pasta salad for tonight with chicken and lots of veggies for a meal in a bowl. Leftover peach cobbler that DGS is loving will be probably finished off by him tonight.

What Sunday meal are you having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We just got back from a few days at the lake house. I have 1 lb of ground beef to use up. Either big mac salad or some kind of green bean ground beef casserole. The Dr was stern with hubs and had him look at pictures of people having their legs removed because of diabetes. I think he finally got the wake up call he needed. He is even going to see a nutritionist so woo hoo.

Comment

I am arill trying to decide. I have tomatoes in the fridge so I may fix a bacon and tomato sandwich or else I will hear up a frozen pot pie. My eating habits are terrible. I swear half the time I grill yellow squash and shallot. It’s not bad with grated cheddar cheese as a topper.

Comment

It’s a really nice day today, so pretty outside. I’ve been doing some house things (does it EVER get completely done???) and getting things ready for the TV delivery tomorrow morning. My other TV just doesn’t cut it at all, no streaming and a much smaller picture. I finished my book early this morning and have another one ready to start on tonight, That Old Ace In The Hole by Annie Proulx. Abby and Mendi are really getting along very well now, it’s nice to see them getting along, especially since we’re getting closer to the cold weather. Mendi is one of the most affectionate cats I’ve ever come across, and I’ve had a bunch of cats over the years. I’m really glad I decided to keep her, or was it the other way around? Sometimes I think Ken might have nudged her my way. He would have loved her.

I’m so glad I bought that rotisserie chicken Friday! I’m going to have the other hindquarter heated up with Alabama White BBQ sauce on it and have some cilantro and lime rice and a fresh nectarine.

Comment

Charlene - What is the story with your newly acquired cat? Since I was gone for a month from July 15 till August 13, I must have missed something. I like cats but both my husband and I are allergic to them and can't even pet them. Glad both Mendi and Abby are now getting along.

Comment

Oh, that’s right, you did miss it! Right about the 15th of July this pretty cat showed up on my front porch, looking kind of thin. She was very affectionate right from the start and since it was warm I made sure she had water and I gave her some of Abby’s food. I figured she’d just go away. She was there a few more days and I took pictures of her and posted found cat ads on every pet lost and found site in the area, no responses. I posted signs on the neighborhood mailboxes, no response. I took her down to my vet to find out if she was microchipped and what sex she was and if she’d been spayed or neutered. No chip, female, but they couldn’t get a close look to see if she’d been spayed. I kept feeding her and she stayed right here. I finally decided to keep her, so I took her to the N.O.A.H. (Northwest Organization for Animal Health) to get spayed and vaccinated and microchipped about 2 weeks ago. She had already been spayed, so someone at some time wanted her. I got her a collar and a name tag with our address and phone number and her microchip tag. I’ve been letting her come into the house this past week and she and Abby are getting along surprisingly well. This cat loves to snuggle and I’ll admit I’ve missed hearing a cat purr. With winter coming I did not want her to have to be outside unless she wanted to be. She happily spent several hours sleeping on my armchair yesterday and she’s there now. She’s a pretty cat, smoky gray shorthair with white feet and a little white under her chin and on her belly. Kind of a Tuxedo Cat. I named her Mendi, short for Mendicant, a definition for a beggar. I call her Mendicat too.

Comment

Oh, that’s right, you did miss it! Right about the 15th of July this pretty cat showed up on my front porch, looking kind of thin. She was very affectionate right from the start and since it was warm I made sure she had water and I gave her some of Abby’s food. I figured she’d just go away. She was there a few more days and I took pictures of her and posted found cat ads on every pet lost and found site in the area, no responses. I posted signs on the neighborhood mailboxes, no response. I took her down to my vet to find out if she was microchipped and what sex she was and if she’d been spayed or neutered. No chip, female, but they couldn’t get a close look to see if she’d been spayed. I kept feeding her and she stayed right here. I finally decided to keep her, so I took her to the N.O.A.H. (Northwest Organization for Animal Health) to get spayed and vaccinated and microchipped about 2 weeks ago. She had already been spayed, so someone at some time wanted her. I got her a collar and a name tag with our address and phone number and her microchip tag. I’ve been letting her come into the house this past week and she and Abby are getting along surprisingly well. This cat loves to snuggle and I’ll admit I’ve missed hearing a cat purr. With winter coming I did not want her to have to be outside unless she wanted to be. She happily spent several hours sleeping on my armchair yesterday and she’s there now. She’s a pretty cat, smoky gray shorthair with white feet and a little white under her chin and on her belly. Kind of a Tuxedo Cat. I named her Mendi, short for Mendicant, a definition for a beggar. I call her Mendicat too. zz0.qofollofbzizz

Comment

Can certainly feel the weather changing, so sad. We woke early and had a nice breakfast of sausage and eggs. Hubs was trying to push me out the door to the lake...lol, not many nice days left! I changed right into my bathing suit and got right down there!
                I came up to do a load of laundry to hang on line, seeing that rain is coming for next 3 days and our dryer is not working. Then I put some chicken in a marinade of lemon/oil/garlic and herbs from our garden. Husked the corn for dinner and back to lake! I BBQ'd chicken and made some rice, and thru together a caprese salad
                DD and hubby came down, she is now negative. We had a lovely time together
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Thanks, Charlene for the history. So nice of you to take this precious cat in. If a cat showed up at my house, I too, would feed her but couldn't let her into the house due to allergies. I love dogs and cats. Something about the cat's dander that doesn't agree with my eyes or my husband's eyes. Mine turn red and itchy within an hour. Funny, as I grew up with cats so this started when I was an adult. Nice story.

Comment

Thank you Vera! If she hadn’t been so sweet I might have taken her to the shelter, but she hopped right into my lap the first time I saw her. Abby got swatted on the nose once but now they greet each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X