Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 3rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a hazy sky this morning along with humidity getting high today with a toasty high of 87 and the low of 66. I was out at 7:15 and finished the last of weed eating as I ran down both the batteries on Thursday. It only took about 15-20 minutes and I wanted done before it got nasty humid.

I pulled some leftover roast from the freezer along with the gravy and will put into crockpot with some diced up carrots, onion and celery and add in noodles towards the end for beef and noodles for dinner. Nectarines will make a tasty and refreshing end for the meal.

What is on the agenda for your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

No Copykatter has responded yet? Our standard Saturday night fare consists of appetizers (usually cheese, crackers, black olives and sometimes shrimp) along with cocktails while we play board games and listen to music. This afternoon, though, we are going to our son's house, about a mile and a half away. He's partying on his new deck for the first time and is smoking a brisket along with another meat that he is keeping a secret. I'm bringing doctored up baked beans and banana pudding. My daughter and her family are coming too and she's bringing cornbread. We're looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Home buddy; 09-03-2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I have considered making shrimp and grits this evening. We are having nasty weather here today and I lack ambition to do much in the kitchen. I will likely make a small pasta dish or a pot of soup may be in order. New England Clam Chowdee is rising to the top of my list of meals for a rainy day.

Comment

That sounds like fun Home buddy. Enjoy your evening!
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been a really nice and cool day today, definitely feel like fall is in the air. Not much happening, bill paying and general tidying and that’s about it.

I’m going to make chiles rellanos for dinner. I’ve got premade rellanos that I ordered from Hatch chiles and I’m going to make the brothy sauce recipe my mom got from a Mexican lady she worked with about 65 years ago. It’s still my favorite way to have them. I’m going to have some fresh guacamole and chips with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            It’s been a really nice and cool day today, definitely feel like fall is in the air. Not much happening, bill paying and general tidying and that’s about it.

I’m going to make chiles rellanos for dinner. I’ve got premade rellanos that I ordered from Hatch chiles and I’m going to make the brothy sauce recipe my mom got from a Mexican lady she worked with about 65 years ago. It’s still my favorite way to have them. I’m going to have some fresh guacamole and chips with it.
            Ooooo Charlene any chance of sharing that sauce recipe? I have 2 Mexican S Others to my gks. They would be so impressed. of course I'd give you credit

Comment

We arrived home last night from our trek to Melbourne and Canberra. A lot of miles and thankful for our comfortable car. Now the slow task of unpacking the car and catching up with the laundry.

We have no food in the house so we had dinner with Julia's family. Hannah was a little hesitant to greet us but very quickly she remembered who we were.

I had soup, John had an egg, bacon and onion roll. I've put orders in for groceries and greengroceries for delivery on Monday morning.

Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post

Ooooo Charlene any chance of sharing that sauce recipe? I have 2 Mexican S Others to my gks. They would be so impressed. of course I'd give you credit
                Sure rosie! I’ll post the sauce recipe in T&T. It’s a deceptively simple recipe but it is so perfect with chiles rellanos.

Comment

Working...
                X