Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a partly sunny morning with a high of 83 and the low of 64 predicted. It is starting in with the humidity again.

I noticed this morning while I was outside that the leaves are falling from some trees and making the ground look like a patchwork quilt. I know it won't be long before the branches will be bare.

I made some chicken salad this morning and will have sandwiches tonight, slaw and baked beans.

What will your dinner be this Saturday night?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We've had a lot more rain in recent days. Even parts of The Outback are flooding. There seems to be no end to this weather.

John has been in hospital for a couple of days so our routine came to a grinding halt. At least this time I could stay with him until it was time to bring him home. Life the ER was entertaining to say the least. One young man was constantly vomiting for at least four hours before he was taken in to see the doctor. He came back through the waiting room while on the phone to his mates... "Hey Bro, you'll never guess what happened! I got massive sick and the doc told me I have an allergy to weed! I'm not shitting you, Bro!! He said if I use it again I might die! No, Bro... no more." The others in the waiting room were stifling laughs and giggles... thank God for mouth-covering masks... He then stole a hospital blanket from the waiting room, tucked it unsuccessfully under his shirt and headed out the door. After he left a couple of young men came in with what they believed to be serious injuries: one was a stubbed toe that even if it's broken, no treatment is necessary; the other tripped on a gravel path and grazed his knee (I've see worse injuries on Andrew when he was in kindergarten).

John had two days of fasting to prepare for surgery but thankfully it wasn't necessary. When he was finally able to eat, they brought him sandwiches: corned beef with pickle and cheese with gherkin, neither of which he would eat. He's home now and I've just cooked him some scrambled eggs and toast. I'm having a very late dinner of ravioli and bolognaise sauce... my go-to comfort food.

Looking forward to a Sunday sleep-in.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Oh, my goodness, Chayote - I'm sure the hospital personnel can tell you some stories. For this young man to steal a blanket just shows his character. He sounds like a jerk and immature with no dignity in who hears him talking about what was wrong with him. Glad John is back home and getting food he will eat. Hope he will be OK.

Comment

Chayote, I pray John will recover quickly. Your good cookin will surely help him. please give him our best. That's some crazy stuff goin on in the hospital

There's alittle sun. Humidity is up but temp is 68. High in upper 70s.
        Chicken & garlic parm rice. We cooked some little beets from the garden last night. Sorry sorry garden this yr. I planned on canning beets but they just didn't do any good.

Comment

I know how frustrating it is after so much work, expense and time you have put into your garden and then a low yield just does not seem right.

Oh, I had a man stop yesterday while I was crocheting on the porch and ask me if I wanted 3 more wind spinners. Do I ever! He said they are flowers and would bring them here. Like, how nice is that of him? Not sure when I will get them but know I will be so grateful for them. How kind of him.

Comment

That is amazing LTB perks of living in a small town !!

Comment

It sure is!!! Makes my heart smile!

Comment

Chayote, please know I’m sending John positive and healing energy for a full recovery. It’s terrifying when our spouses are sick.

Today hasn’t been a pretty day at all, we are completely shrouded in wildfire smoke coming from further out in Snohomish County. I made a quick grocery run and there were ashes all over the car when I came out. I got busy out in the garage gathering up all the parts that go with the streetrod and all the instructions and receipts too. I was going to sell the Quick Jack lift with the car but I’m going to give that to my son instead. The guy buying the car owns an auto repair business and doesn’t need it.

I’m having a cube steak fried in Dixie Fry, a baked potato and roasted asparagus for dinner.​

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                  Chayote, please know I’m sending John positive and healing energy for a full recovery. It’s terrifying when our spouses are sick.

Today hasn’t been a pretty day at all, we are completely shrouded in wildfire smoke coming from further out in Snohomish County. I made a quick grocery run and there were ashes all over the car when I came out. I got busy out in the garage gathering up all the parts that go with the streetrod and all the instructions and receipts too. I was going to sell the Quick Jack lift with the car but I’m going to give that to my son instead. The guy buying the car owns an auto repair business and doesn’t need it.

I’m having a cube steak fried in Dixie Fry, a baked potato and roasted asparagus for dinner.​
                  Charlene, I have never heard of Dixie fry. Googled it. Is it anything like bisquick ? Couldn't find a clear answer

Comment

Dixie Fry is a breading mix, nicely seasoned and tastes great on cube steak, pork chops and chicken. I used to be able to buy it in just about any store but now I have to order it from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                      Chayote, I pray John will recover quickly. Your good cookin will surely help him. please give him our best. That's some crazy stuff goin on in the hospital
                      Thank you, rosie. Not sure that my cooking will make much difference to him but I'm good at putting his medications together. He calls me "the drug dealer" ...*LOL*

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Chayote, you are a real trip!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                          Thanks, Charlene... I think of you so often for that very reason. For a while there I thought we were going to lose both John and our Queen on the same day... Thankfully his constitution was a bit stronger.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chaswell View Post
                            Chayote, you are a real trip!!!
                            I've been called many things over the years but not that... *LOL* I promise that the only drugs I deal out are the medical kinds...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                            X