Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Let us remember the tragedy that occurred on this day and the families that are still grieving and missing their loved ones.

It is raining and probably will most of the day. The high will be 75 and the low of 64 with humidity rising again.

Today just seems like a good day for fish chowder, corn bread waffles, salad and peach cobbler.

Your Sunday dinner will be?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

A day of sadness and remembrance.
    there a chill in the breeze. Can smell rain tho it's not here yet. Humidity is really up.
    we have alittle of this and that but not enough for a meal. So I'm gonna make some cheese burgers & have whatevers in the fridge for sides. Should be interesting
    Made choc chip cookies yesterday. I knew better but did it anyway. So humid they were FLAT even after adding a tad more flour and chilling. They taste good so it's all good

Comment

I'm wishing that John was still in hospital. He's quite unwell. I wanted him to have a nourishing dinner that might have help his anaemia but he just wasn't interested. He went to bed very early and I've been checking on him every hour since.

I've spent the day catching up on the housework I missed. All the laundry is done and I'm hoping for a fine windy day tomorrow so I can get it all dry on the line.

John had two slices of toast for his dinner and didn't eat all of it. I had some cocktail frankfurts, which in itself wasn't very nourishing. We'll try to do better tomorrow.

I'm up late watching the Queen's procession from Scotland back to London... seven black cars with the coffin hearse leading. As the procession moves through the towns, people are lining the road in total silence... respectfully honouring our gracious Queen.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Oh Chayote. My heart is there with you and John. So hard and stressful. Maybe he'll go back to hospital til he gains strength and appetite? Maybe?

Comment

Oh Chayote, I’m so sorry John isn’t doing well. It’s frightening when they don’t want to eat anything and it makes you feel so helpless because you know they need the nourishment. My heart goes out to you and John, and I wish you both the strength to get through this.

Comment

Thinking of you Chayote....hoping for better days ahead for John

We awoke up early today, hubs was out back working on our screened in porch, I made our usual bacon & eggs for breakfast. He continued on with the job and I got all set up to make muffins, meatloaf, hang laundry...then friend msg'd us asking if we were going to a celebration of life for a local fellow - ugh - we had totally forgotten today was the day!. Re-arranged some things and then headed out to legion for it.
            Meatloaf was ready when I got back, we will have some mashed potatoes and cauliflower on the side
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We got Chipotle for dinner. It wasnt good like it used to be so I cant imagine going back.

Comment

It’s still terribly smoky today, but it seems to be better than it was this morning. When I got up you could taste the smoke in the air and our air index was 175, very unhealthy. It’s gone down to 116 this afternoon. It’s also kind of on the warm side. What we need is some some serious rain. I finished gathering car parts this morning and I’ve got all the paperwork ready to go.

I’m baking a bone in chicken thigh with smokehouse maple rub on it and I’ll top it with some Alabama white BBQ sauce that I made and I’ll have steamed zucchini and rice with it.​

Comment

Thank you rosie, Charlene and MudderBear. I'm worried and praying for a good outcome... again.
                  Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                  X