Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast that will turn into a partly sunny sky with the high of 50 and the low of 35.

Potstickers, rice, salad and a chocolate cream pie DGS made last night will be dinner.

What will you be having on this Thursday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Warm day today... nice to wear shorts and tshirt for a change. I spent my day with Andrew and Hannah. Andrew was a little bit sick and Hannah wanted to play all day so it was a mixture of activities. Both children were good and we watched Paddington Bear on TV. It was good for me to see *exactly* what Paddington Bear wears because I'm currently working on a PB costume for one of my Build-a-Bears... coat is finished, I was able to buy a pair of BaB red boots and I'll buy some felt to make his hat.

Dinner was whatever we found in the fridge. I had leftover crumbed chicken and alfalfa sprouts. John had sausages and mashed potato. Going back to care for Andrew and Hannah again tomorrow.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

chicken wings and white cheddar stuffed mushrooms. Not a great combo but it needs to be used up.

Comment

Sunny 32 high in 50s. WINDY
        we're having breakfast. Eggs over med, home fries, sausage and toast

Comment

Well! We woke up to SNOW!!!! not so much here, but apparently about 6 inches in my son's town 20 minutes away. After all the rain we've had then wet snow, it weighed heavy on many branches/tree's which fell onto power lines = no hydro for us from 6:30 am to 3:45 pm....many more in remote heavily treed areas are still without hydro. Ugh.
          Our Legion is hosting an Oktoberfest dinner/dance this Saturday and I offered to go up and help set up/prep food this aft - they had hydro.
          I had leftover pasta dish from last nite, and figured if the hydro did not come back on, I could put it in a covered pan on top of the woodstove, but all good and can use micro for heating now.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Another horribly smoky day today, we’re supposed to get rain tomorrow, I sure hope it clears up the air and stops the fires. I saw on the news last night that Seattle had the worst air quality in the world yesterday, photos showed you couldn’t see anything. I’ve done a few things around the house today, I need to do some laundry and serious vacuuming too.

I’m going to heat up a rotisserie chicken thigh and have Stove Top Stuffing and a small salad with it.​

Comment

Working...
            X