Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 26th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Oh my gosh, it is so dark, dreary and raining. Compared with the last weeks' worth of beautiful weather this is a shock for the system. Oh well, it is what it is, and I am just grateful the outside items are all put up and I got my groceries Monday.

The high will be a soggy 58 and the low of 43.

Dinner will be blueberry pancakes, ham I pulled from the freezer, and the requested baked apples.

What is sounding good for your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Home day today just doing mundane housework. Boring stuff. It's a cool day, especially after a heavy downpour which seems to be a daily occurrence. Don't think we'll need to have water restrictions this Summer because of the flooding we've had this year.

Dinner was just a matter of finding something to eat rather than a planned meal. John chose fried (no oil) eggs x 3 on toast and I had a meat pie with mashed potato and alfalfa. No matter how empty the fridge looks, we can always manage to have an enjoyable meal. Midweek groceries will be delivered tomorrow.

I continued with my new Cabbage Patch rescue today. She's a full size doll from 1982. She's in good body condition, just needed a knee and an ankle replaced, which I've done. Her main issue is the blonde corn silk hair that has been neglected. I've managed to get all the knots out using a new anti-tangle spray meant for children. Julia loaned it to me after it worked miracles with Hannah's ringlets. I may need to trim the hair as it's fried on the edges but I'll try the boiling water method before I get the scissors out. Rescuing over-loved Cabbage Patch Kids is my main hobby now and makes me
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I was going to grill steaks today but it looks like the weather has other ideas. Its been raining on and off and the wind is going to pick up soon. I will probably just cook them under the broiler. I just ordered my side of beef so I am headed out to the garage to see what needs used up in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Bye bye beautiful sunshine I was going to take a quick walk to the library, but now it's raining...if it lets up I will go anyway, need a read for the hospital waiting room!
        Spent most of the day doing a good thorough houseclean, clearing away 'stuff' that has just been kinda left here and there and could be a hazard for hubby with his crutches or cane!
        Our Lion's Club is putting on a free ham dinner for the seniors in town tonite, a small group of us friends on the lake are going to attend. I thought it would be a good thing for hubs to get out and help him take his mind off of things. Should be a fun eve!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I will keep your husband in prayer tomorrow along with the doctors, nurses, and caregivers along with you and your family as I know it will be a long day. Best of luck Karen for your DH.

Comment

Karen, I do know exactly what he’s going to go through! I hope all goes perfectly for him!

So far there’s been no rain today, it probably dumped it all when I was driving back from that class in Burlington last night. It absolutely was coming down in buckets! The class was interesting and quite useful, now I know how to take mine apart and clean and oil it. There were a lot of women in the class. I did a Costco run today, probably the last one I’ll need to do for awhile unless I run out of eggs. I stocked up on butter, Cornish hens and cat food among other things. I also got two more pairs of the Nautica velour pajamas like I bought last year. I wore one of the old pairs last night, it was cold! They were a bargain, $13.99 a pair.

I’m going to heat up the rest of the creamy lemon spaghetti and shrimp for dinner and I’ll finish up the red seedless grapes too.​

Comment

Thank you ladies!
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X