Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is so foggy out that I can barely see across the road. The high will be 64 and the low of 46. Nice reverse of the temps.

Dinner will be cream of broccoli soup and grilled cheese and meatloaf sandwiches.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another day at home. John isn't well and has spent the day in bed. Doctor sent me a prescription to my phone... this is a new thing to me. All I needed to do was take my phone to the pharmacy and they gave me the medicine. So simple!

I was up very early this morning for the washing machine mechanic. He was only here for 15 minutes while he replaced the salenoid valve and it was operating perfectly. Thanks for the heads up, smokey... I've finished all the laundry and it's ready to hang out on the line tomorrow.

John didn't eat tonight. I had spaghetti bolognaise as the sauce was already cooked and in the fridge.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Another lovely day I am just about to hang some washing on the line. I will head out to the lakeside park with my book later on and sit on my favourite bench to read for a few hours.
      Hubby is still not feeling too 'sparkly' yet...his appetite is almost non existent, so we have bits and pieces of leftover meals in the fridge....I think we will finish all that up rather than cooking another meal.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Nice sunny day. Very foggy this morning. High mid 60s lows mid 40s. Just got a load on the line and another washing. Will be running tomorrow and up to 40 mph winds and rain Saturday.
        we're having ham & beans. Fried cornbread (hoe cakes) made some cake mix cookies yesterday. I ate 4.

Comment

Chayote, I hope John feels better soon, it’s scary when they’re not well. I’m keeping him in my positive energy and healing thoughts.

It’s a really pretty fall day today, bright and sunny but definitely jacket weather. I slept in this morning, sure felt good after a couple busy days. I’ve been getting things put into my old faithful Freedom Bag for my trip, I know it’s kind of early but doing it ahead of time assures that I won’t forget any necessary items. I really hate to wait until the last second to do things like this. In the next couple of days I’ll be making sure I have necessary items in my car; air pump, phone chargers, sunglasses, CD’s, maps (yeah, I know, GPS and all that, but I really love map reading) water bottles and at least some dog hair removed. My son is flying up the day I leave and I’ll pick him up at SEA-TAC on my way out of town. He really doesn’t want me to do the drive alone. It’ll be nice to have him along for night driving.

I bought some Rana butternut squash and caramelized onion ravioli at Costco and I’m going to make some Alfredo sauce for it and I’ll have a chopped salad with some smoked Turkey added to it.​

Comment

Glad it worked out, Chayote. Hoping John is on the mend.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
              Glad it worked out, Chayote. Hoping John is on the mend.
              We weren't able to install it ourselves as the machine is too heavy for us to move, however we called a local repairer who came the day after I called. He said that Mum's machine is in very good condition and should be still going in ten years time if I take care of it. I'm happy. Mum always did buy quality appliances.

I hope you're both well... I think of you often...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Chayote, I have my Australian beanie baby on a shelf next to my bed. We had planned to return to Australia for our 50th anniversary. Then covid hit.

Comment

Chayote, I have my Australian beanie baby on a shelf next to my bed. We had planned to return to Australia for our 50th anniversary. Then covid hit.
                  We live in South Australia now, right near the Gateway to the Barossa. There are so many high quality wineries here and beautiful historic buildings. As of next year we will have a house with two guest rooms, if you decide to repeat your trip...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

That would be fantastic! Thank you, Friend.

Comment

That would be fantastic! Thank you, Friend.
                      We've got a very good pub in Gawler that serves great counter meals. I can see us going there for several meals...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                      X