Re: tater tot casserole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tater tot casserole

I want to make the tater tot casserole for dinner tonite and went to store to get the tots - holy frig! $6.99. That is ridiculous, we are on a tight budget now and I just refuse to pay that much anyway. So, I got a bag of the little cubed frozen hash browns instead and will use them....do you think they will work just the same as the tots? I'm wondering if they may not brown up as well? Thoughts?
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Very lightly coat with oil or butter of choice and I think they will work good for you.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

and I was also wondering about holding off on the cheese until the very end

Comment

Drown the top with butter and they will taste good no matter what. One store has 5 lbs of potatoes for 99 cents so I am going to stock up this week and can them. It sounds silly but its easy to take a case of canned potatoes to the lake house instead of remembering to bring them each time we go.

Comment

I thought I had tots but couldn't see em. There was a bag of hash browns so I was thinkin I would use them ??? But I found some tots. I think any tater would work. Imho.
          I've noticed the hash brown patties are really up there, but not that much.
          Muzette, I don't think that's silly at all. I think any time ya can get a good price GO FOR IT. That's an awesome price for potatos.

Comment

Canned potatoes are really good fried up!
            Rosie: we have a grocery store near us that sells big bags of hash brown patties for $11.99...they used to be $10.99,,,but anyhoo, its still a good price and a great thing to have in the freezer
            Last edited by MudderBear; 11-15-2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X