Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 19th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be partly sunny this morning with the wind picking up as the day progresses and Lake Effect Snow kicking in again. The wind yesterday was so sharp and bitter it took your breath away. The high today will be 32 and the low of 20 with a Lake Effect Snow Warning and Winter Weather Advisory that will be in effect from tonight into Sunday night. Time for my car and I taking a ride and filling the gas tank as I am just above 1/2 a tank and never let it get lower than that if I can help it.

Dinner will be creamed tuna with peas on toast and baked apples.

What are you having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Sunny 18 the wind is horrible. Sucks the air right outta you. "They" say colder tomorrow.

LTB. I've never had or heard of creamed tuna. I looked at some recipes. YUM when I make tuna noodle my fav part is after I get it out of the pan into a storage container to take a piece of bread and "sop" the pan. sounds like.my kind of thing. Thanks for posting.
    we're just having chili again. I got a good do on it. So good. Had grilled cheese with it last night. Maybe just crackers. I love a peanut butter sandwich with chili. They served peanut butter and lettuce sandwiches with chili in school.

Comment

Hmmm typed my post and am told it is unapproved. Never had that happen

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        Hmmm typed my post and am told it is unapproved. Never had that happen
        I can fix it for you, rosie... don't bother typing it again
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

I can fix it for you, rosie... don't bother typing it again
          TY Chayote

Comment

You are welcome rosie. It is so easy and quick that I should make it more often. I often will finely dice some onion and celery and soften in the butter for more flavor and extra veggies. I put mine over toast but have also put it over biscuits and mashed potatoes.

I hope you enjoy it if you make it. It makes a quick hot lunch on bitter cold days also.

Comment

Well they said we would have a foot of snow earlier this week and only got an inch. This morning they said we would get six inches tonight and that has now changed to a foot. It will be a surprise either way.

My MIL is pretty depressed and with the holidays its worse since it the first holiday since my SIL passed. Hubs wanted to take dinner over there tonight so I got a take and bake lasagna, a loaf of bakery bread and a bag of salad.

Comment

rosie, back when I could eat tuna I made creamed tuna on toast frequently. I always loved it, but I evidently developed some kind of allergy and get violently sick if I eat it. Really annoying!!

Comment

muz,

I will say a prayer for MIL as I know the feeling.

Comment

It’s been just beautiful today! We took a nice long drive all through the area with a destination of the Tehachapi Loop in mind. It’s a major railroad engineering marvel that is fascinating to view. We actually got to see a very long train going through it and it literally meets its back end going through. I remember my parents taking us to see it during the early 50’s. We stopped at a little cafe in Keene and had a fantastic lunch, it was pretty busy and I could sure see why, it was amazing. We drove back through the Kern River Canyon in the daylight, absolutely gorgeous and not quite as intimidating as at night. Still wouldn’t wanna drive it though!

We’re going to make big chicken Caesar salads with the leftover Caesar chicken for dinner tonight. We were going to do it Thursday but went out instead.​

Comment

Working...
                    X