Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

My gosh, the wind was so bitter yesterday that people were moving fast so they could get out of it at the gas station and drug store. It was blowing hats off, even some groceries out of the bags in the carts. I was happy getting home and into a hot shower so I could thaw out.

We had snow and blowing wind all night but lucked out and only got about 3-4 inches and compared with New York my back aches for them and I know how lucky we are that we did not get that amount of snow.

The high today will be 28 and the low of 20 with a 40% chance of snow predicted at 2-4 inches in my area and gusting winds that will take us into the single digits for the wind chill.

I pulled some meatballs from the freezer and will put in the crockpot for meatball sandwiches, a salad and fruit salad will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I threw myself into laundry today... I was not stopping until everything was washed and hanging to dry. I have two baskets to take to the laundromat for the dryers and then it's done.

I finished the blanket that I made for Hannah's birthday. Her actual birthday was Saturday but her little party was postponed because she's sick. Instead we will party next Sunday.

It has rained most of the day again. Tonight I've started the small blankets for Hannah's Christmas gift... a dolls pram and dolls cot.

For dinner I cooked some minced steak... to John's I added carrot, potato, peas and pumpkin and thickened it with gravy; for mine I added some tomato pasta sauce and had it on pasta. Dessert was icecream, banana and mixed berries.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

At the moment it's 17. high will stay in the 20s thankfully the wind has died down. It was crazy yesterday could hear it howling all day into evening.
      I'm leaning toward ham & cheese omelets.

Comment

Soooo much snow our way! We are pretty much hunkering in here while watching Kian- he does not seem to be all that interested in the snow thank goodness as its just so raw/blustery out. I made a mega pot of pasta yesterday for few days dinner, but unfortunately Kian doesn't want any...so he is living off of Greek yogurt, fruit pouches, hot dogs, maple beans, arrowroot cookies. I had a bad nite Friday...Kian was up 4 times, and I really didn't sleep much anyway, left my hearing aid in cuz i was afraid I wouldn't hear him. So, the first time I was up with him, I went to lay him back down in crib and I hurt my rib or stomach on the top rail. It is very tender today more so, and makes it hard for me to keep up with the busy little guy.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

My daughter and son-in-law will be here soon to take me out to eat for my birthday. I’m not sure where we are going but I am looking forward to getting out.

hope everyone has a great day

Comment

Happy Birthday MommaBear!

It’s been a very pretty day today, a little on the chilly side. My son and I stayed up too late last night binge watching The Watcher on Netflix, so today has been a lazy day for me. Later this evening or tomorrow we’ll head down and pick up the last of the stuff for Thanksgiving and cookie baking.

I cooked a corned beef brisket in the Crock Pot all day yesterday for the express purpose of making Cook’s Country’s creamed chipped beef on biscuits, one of my all time favorites. It’s all defatted and chopped up and ready to make it. I’ll roast some asparagus with it.​

Comment

Happy Birthday MommaBear! Hope you enjoyed your dinner out
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Happy birthday MommaBear. hope you had a great day.

Comment

Working...
                X