Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 21st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sun is showing its full glory and the wind has finally run out of energy thank goodness. Talk about bitter. The high will be a heatwave of 43 and the low of 27 along with no snowfall today. A good day.

Bacon, eggs, home fries, biscuits and hot chocolate will be dinner.

What is your dinner this Monday night?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

28 now. High in mid 40s BUT the wind is fierce again.
    I was in Kroger Fri & they had boneless pork loins for 1.29. I did not need them but how ya gonna pass that up ??? Joe cut 2 nice loin roast & I did 15 tenderloins. So for $10 I feel pretty good bout it. Found a crockpot recipe at the blog "on my kids plate" that had rave reviews so just got the roast in the crock. Hopefully it will not turn out dry and yucky like it usually does. Threw some onion, carrots in. Will add potatos later.

Comment

I have one of the grandkids today and tomorrow. Its amazing how a 3 yr old can wrap hubs around his finger. He is easy to watch though. I made pancakes from a box of cake mix for his breakfast. They were not good, the kiddo liked them though.

For dinner I am going to make some porterhouse steaks and baked potatoes. The fridge is kind of bare since I just have Thanksgiving stuff in there.

Comment

I tend to keep pancake and waffle mix made up and stored in a container in my refrigerator all the time. Heat up the waffle maker and pour a bit of mix in and drop in blueberries. Great.

Comment

It’s been another very pretty day today. Kim and I went to the grocery store to get the rest of the Thanksgiving goodies and I baked 8 dozen cranberry bourbon oatmeal cookies with some white chocolate chips thrown in as an experiment. They came out yummy. I had posted the original recipe on a cooking page on Facebook and one person made them and subbed the chocolate for the nuts due to a nut allergy and loved them so I gave it a try because I have a few people with nut allergies to bake for. Now I’m just taking it easy.

I’m not sure what dinner will be yet, we had a late lunch and cookies so we’re not too hungry.​

Comment

Working...
          X