Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Have I ever mentioned how happy I am when the sun shines? Maybe a time or two? LOL!! Along with the sunshine the high will be 54 and the low of 42. My car is almost thawed out and the snow melted off. That is a good thing as today is the day I was rescheduled for my eye exam. Clear sky, clear car and clear roads.

Tonight will be pizza made on naan bread along with veggies and dip.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Dreary, damp day. Hubby went to his first physio appt today, therapist was very surprised at the progress he's made.
    Today is one of our nephews 40th BD, 22 of us family members are going to go to a local sports bar for drinks and wings to celebrate.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Beautiful day 60 very little wind.
      FINALLY got denture today YAY.
      ​​​​​​​put together a sausage breakfast casserole this morning. A recipe from "what's in the pan" blog. Hopefully I can chew again lol

Comment

It’s been a pretty day and a busy in the kitchen day too. I got potato salad made and I’m doing another 8 dozen cookies too. Joshua will be here tonight and I’m also making some for granddaughter Lindsey and her husband Karl. Steve took my car down and filled it with gas, there’s a station in town that’s about $1 less per gallon than everywhere else and it looked like they were closing for the weekend when he got there.

We’re going to have more of the carne asada from last night, it was delicious. Not sure if we’re doing salad or tacos yet.​

Comment

Charlene - Does your son make the marinade for the carne asada? Would love to try it. Do you use flat iron, skirt or other beef and grill? I tried Trader Joes Carne Asada once and that was enough - not good in my opinion.

Comment

We tried a recipe I had saved but never tried and we used flank steak. It was very good, didn’t marinate quite long enough but we heated up the used marinade and poured it on the meat. I think skirt steak would have been a bit better but flank was what we had. I’ve actually gotten really good carne asada at the meat counter at Safeway. I’m going to try a couple of the Mexican markets I’ve found at home recently and see how it is. I’ll post the recipe we used last night.

Comment

Thanks Charlene. I have always marinated my skirt or flat iron steak in a teriyaki mixture, but I printed out your recipe. I will give it a try after the holidays.

Comment

Working...
              X