Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with a chance of rain and the high of 41 and the low of 34.

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad and homemade dinner rolls for dinner tonight.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Woke up to beautiful snow!
    Decided to run to town last minute as hubby mentioned something about a turkey shortage and wanted to start looking today...I had not seen any special prices advertised yet in our area. Anyhoo, did find one about 22 lbs for $67, a bit more than I normally like to pay.
    DS handed over some $$$ and said to me, go pick up some Chinese food for dinner, Mom. It's been a long time since we've had it, and very thoughtful of him and as well, he sprang for the turkey!!!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

MudderBear - I did the same thing when I was at the grocery store today. They had vacuum sealed rib roasts on sale. I bought a smaller one this time because I don't have many beef eaters for Christmas this year. It had an original price tag of $89.27 and on sale for $45 plus I had a $10 store coupon. I snapped that thing right up and the pull date is after Christmas, so I don't even have to waste freezer space. I was tickled.

Tonight, I am trying a simple pork tenderloin recipe with Montreal seasoning, Worchester sauce and a liquid called Dale's seasoning. It might be a contender for part of Christmas dinner. I usually do three or four main dishes plus sides.

Comment

It’s been pretty chilly all day, but I did see a lovely sight earlier this afternoon. I was outside and I heard bird sounds and I looked up and saw about 100 snow geese flying in formation directly above my house. The gather on the fields in the Skagit Valley by the thousands for a couple of months in the winter. It’s quite a sight. I think I’ll start baking cookies tomorrow.

I’m going to make a small pot of meatball orzo soup for dinner. Cold days like this are perfect for that soup.​

Comment

Working...
        X