Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 14th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with the sun moving in late today with the high of 28 and the low of 20 with the windchill making feel down into the teens.

DGS ate two big mugs of the soup last night, I got a pint in the freezer and will use the rest of it today by putting over the roast I am searing and will add carrots, onions and potatoes into the crockpot for dinner. It is a good day for making the house smell good and the onion soup just makes it taste extra flavorful. I will make some dinner rolls and we will put apple butter on them.

What will be your enticing dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

The sun is shining very brightly in the sky, but temps are very cold! Hubby was up pretty much all night keeping the fire going.
    Even tho we had store-bought, frozen pizza, it doesn't count in my books.....so I am going to make us a home made pizza for today's dinner
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Cloudy, cold. High 34. Heading out to feed.
      ask Joe last evening what he'd like for sup. He said " oh some kind of fried beast" so we're having one of his favs. Fried chicken, pan gravy, mashed and corn from the garden.

Comment

We had a wonderful day, despite the hot weather. Today was 42C/108f and very windy. A bush fire broke out in the Adelaide Hills and is still burning. A cool change came through the area at around 7pm and hopefully that will help the firefighters get the fire under control. Our day was great because we had our family visit for a few hours. Hannah and Andrew decided to play with Uncle Charlie's toy cars from when he was their ages. My new computer is now fully operational. I hope it lasts as long as my old computer did.

Dinner tonight: we both had crumbed chicken, baked potato, carrots and (John only) peas.

Tomorrow will be much cooler than today so we are planning on filling the new pots I bought for the courtyard. Andrew wants to help with planting but we can get a head start by filling the pots with the soil we have.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I thought I might make tacos this evening. Right now I would love to crawl back in my bed. I am exhausted my kids and I have been texting back and forth.

Comment

It’s been a pretty day today, so far the rain that was forecast hasn’t shown up. I had a really nice time at the dinner I went to last night and I’m now approved to go to other events at member’s homes. They use a public outing to make sure that potential members are a good fit, actually a pretty good idea. They’re planning a movie night in a couple of weeks to go see A Man Called Otto and I’m definitely going to go to that. Today has been a lazy day, nothing really needs to be done until I get ready to make dinner.

I’m going kind of Mediterranean cheffy tonight. I’m trying a pressure cooker recipe for pressure cooker Spanish chickpeas and tomatoes over brown rice and I’m roasting 2 chicken thighs with Greek seasoning.​

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
              It’s been a pretty day today, so far the rain that was forecast hasn’t shown up. I had a really nice time at the dinner I went to last night and I’m now approved to go to other events at member’s homes. They use a public outing to make sure that potential members are a good fit, actually a pretty good idea. They’re planning a movie night in a couple of weeks to go see A Man Called Otto and I’m definitely going to go to that. Today has been a lazy day, nothing really needs to be done until I get ready to make dinner.

I’m going kind of Mediterranean cheffy tonight. I’m trying a pressure cooker recipe for pressure cooker Spanish chickpeas and tomatoes over brown rice and I’m roasting 2 chicken thighs with Greek seasoning.​
              What exactly is a public outing ? Whenever I hear the word " outing " I think of something totally different .

Comment

Sabine - My thinking is that they put out Charlene's name saying she is considered for part of the group and see if anyone has anything negative to say about her. If no negatives, then she can join. If there is a negative, then it would be discussed among the members to see if it is egregious or just a misunderstanding. Again, that is my take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                  Sabine - My thinking is that they put out Charlene's name saying she is considered for part of the group and see if anyone has anything negative to say about her. If no negatives, then she can join. If there is a negative, then it would be discussed among the members to see if it is egregious or just a misunderstanding. Again, that is my take on it.
                  Thank you Vera, I have never thought about having to be approved by a group. But maybe that's how it is done these days.

Comment

Actually Sabine is just about right on what it is. They told me they’d had some problems in the past with less than honorable people wanting access to people’s homes. I knew about the requirement to meet in a public place and I had no problem with it. They really want members they feel comfortable with and that’s good with me.

Comment

Working...
                    X