Canned chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canned chicken

I have never bought or had canned chicken. If anyone has what are your thoughts. I read several recipes calling for it but I'm just not sure if I want to go that route. I cook some breast and use in place of canned. If it's any good maybe I should keep a few in the pantry. I'm at a point I just want quick and easy.

I have some for emergencies. Its good for certain things like chicken salad or buffalo chicken dip. Its not bad. For anything that calls for chicken with a mayo or cream cheese base its useful.

Comment

Thanks muzette. Been thinkin I'd like to see what it's like but if I heard it's yucky I wouldn't

Comment

Canned chicken has no appeal to me but then I have never had it. I'd rather get a rotisserie chicken and cut it up. But I shouldn't knock it unless I've tried it - right?

Comment

I always keep a few cans of it on hand and I do use it for chicken salad sandwich mix and I have used it it some casseroles successfully too. I buy the Costco store brand (Kirkland) and it’s really very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
            Canned chicken has no appeal to me but then I have never had it. I'd rather get a rotisserie chicken and cut it up. But I shouldn't knock it unless I've tried it - right?
            I have to agree with you Vera, just the idea of canned chicken turns my stomach. Rotisserie grilled chicken makes it so easy to use for chicken salad. I had a recipe once for chicken tetrazzini that called for canned chicken. I didn't know better , but once I opened the can I knew there was no way I would use that chicken, smelled awful and looked awful. That was the end of my encounter with canned chicken.

Comment

It doesn't smell good, that's for sure. If you mix it with a block of cream cheese and a packet of ranch though its pretty good. Add some artichokes to the mix and bake it and its banging.

Comment

The can that I opened had more water then chicken pieces, I don't remember what brand it was.

Comment

Working...
                X