March 29th Dinner Post - Copykat Chat Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 29th Dinner Post

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • March 29th Dinner Post

    Good Morning!

    It will be an interesting weather- related day with the high of 50 and the low of 26. By early afternoon the temperature will drop as a rain/snow mixture moves in making slippery spots by morning. There will be gusting winds at 35 mph just for added interest.

    Stuffed pork chops baked in gravy, roasted broccoli and applesauce will be dinner.

    What will you be having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

  • #2
    It's been a pretty day. Sunny 55 but it now is cloudy sprinkling and temp dropping.

    Joe is having lobster ravioli. Leftover crack dip.& veggies. Idk what I'll have yet. There's always an egg sandwich

    Comment


    • #3
      It is windy and snowing and collecting on the roof tops and cars tops. It is getting dark out so I imagine this snow will last for a while. It is just plain cold out and is a reminder that March is going out like a lion and came in like a lamb.

      I am surprised you don't have snow rosie as you usually get it before we do here.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

      Comment


      • #4
        UGH! Winter weather is back! We went to town and stocked up on grocery specials this morning.
        I had a package of bone-in pork chops to cook, man are they big! Cooked up 3 when really hubby and I could have shared one, and then DS said he would not be here for dinner. I did them in the maple syrup/apple cider vinegar/dijon mustard & thyme, I added a bunch of onions to the mix. Sides of mashed potatoes and corn
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

        Comment


        • #5
          It’s an absolutely beautiful day today, blue sky and sunshine and in the high 50’s. I’ve been busy, paid some bills, did some tidying and made an appointment with an exterminator for tomorrow. My cedar chest that I’ve had since I was a teenager has termites in it! Nasty buggers have a tiny hole in the lid that they’re pushing their little poo balls through. Fortunately I have no other signs of termite activity in the house but they have to die! The exterminator will treat the cedar chest for me and get rid of them.

          I’m going to have the rest of the chicken and zucchini (well, yellow squash this time) stir fry and more Yakisoba noodles for dinner.​

          Comment


          • #6
            I hope your exterminator will check your whole house inside and out, not just your cedar chest. I had to deal with termites in two of my houses and had to have the whole treatment, yes, expensive. But necessary.
            I had to disclose the termite treatments when I was selling the houses. It's the law here in Texas.
            Also don't have the treatment for the cedar chest done in your house, not good for your dog. If I was you I would take my dog the Vet / Kennel , just to be on the safe side. Termite treatments are dangerous.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by livetobake View Post
              It is windy and snowing and collecting on the roof tops and cars tops. It is getting dark out so I imagine this snow will last for a while. It is just plain cold out and is a reminder that March is going out like a lion and came in like a lamb.

              I am surprised you don't have snow rosie as you usually get it before we do here.
              The snow was north of us. So yea it'd hit you

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                I hope your exterminator will check your whole house inside and out, not just your cedar chest. I had to deal with termites in two of my houses and had to have the whole treatment, yes, expensive. But necessary.
                I had to disclose the termite treatments when I was selling the houses. It's the law here in Texas.
                Also don't have the treatment for the cedar chest done in your house, not good for your dog. If I was you I would take my dog the Vet / Kennel , just to be on the safe side. Termite treatments are dangerous.
                I just talked to someone from the exterminator and showed them pictures of what my problem is and it turns out it’s not termites at all but Powderpost beetles that were probably in the wood when the chest was made. We’re going to do some research on how exactly to get rid of them, so we’re not doing the treatment on it yet. When I do have the treatment done it will probably get done in the garage and my animals don’t go in there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Powderpost beetles , I have never heard of powderpost beetles. But at least not termites, that is good.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Powderpost beetles , I have never heard of powderpost beetles. But at least not termites, that is good.
                    I’d never heard of them before either, learn something new every day! I’m just relieved it’s not termites. They told me that Western Washington doesn’t really have much of a termite problem because it’s so wet here.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X