Mastercook/Cook'n Recipe Organizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercook/Cook'n Recipe Organizer

Who has it and what do you think of it? (I have Cook'n Recipe Organizer)

Have you imported all your own recipes in it? How long did it take you?

Have you utilized their lists, menu's and stuff? What do you think of those etc?
    Shannon

>^..^<
    "Exellence is doing ordinary things extrodinarily well" ~John W Gardner

I use to have Mastercook and have switched to Living Cookbook. I like Living Cookbook because it figures the nutrition for you, even your Weight Watchers points.

I know you can import recipes with Mastercook but didn't use that feature very much.
    "There's no place like home..."

Comment

Is either one of the programs down loadable for free on the internet? or do i have to buy them? just wondering they both sound good

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, Panther.

Comment

Cook'n

I paid for, but I am not sure what I think about it...I was hoping some one had it and could advise.
          Shannon

>^..^<

Comment

what can i say, I haven't been shopping in a week and i'm do again i just might have to put both of thoses program's on my list of thing's to get.

Comment

Cook'n

I got that one online, not sure if it is in stores. The idea behind it is great, just have to add things etc...I really just need to add my recipes and stuff see how it works when fully equipped.
              Shannon

>^..^<

Comment

bumping
                Shannon

>^..^<

Comment

I thought that the company that used to own Mastercook sold it to another company and I am not sure if they were updating the software any longer. I have been on a really hard core recipe swapping list since about 92, and most of those folks use mastercook or liked it best. Honestly, I just created the website so I could put my recipes there

Comment

You can try Living Cookbook for 25 times for free to see if you like it. It can be downloaded or you can order a CD. I ordered the CD. Here is the site.

http://www.livingcookbook.com/

Comment

This looks like something I would really benefit from. Roxymom, do you use the inventory part of the software? And if so, how does it work for you? I have 2 freezers that are so full that I dont know whats in them and 2 overstocked pantries. It would be amazing if I could list everything I have into the program and let it tell me what I needed to buy and what I didnt!

Comment

I haven't used that feature yet.

Comment

Stephanie, you are correct, Sierra sold MasterCook to ValueSoft, so there is no support that I am aware of. I have MasterCook 8 (and a few moths later they were already up to MasterCook 10 version) and have been very fortunate, no problems. I understand there some glitches. Most commonly, losing access to full cookbooks.

I actually tried about 30 recipe programs from http://www.download.com/Food-Beverage/3150-2126_4-0.html?tag=dir.
                          Mastercook is not available there. It has to be purchased.

It is a pretty safe site. I did a LOT of downloading and never a virus or other problem. It was pretty slow going since I had dial up back then and some of the programs are large.

I purchased MasterCook from Amazon. They had the best price at the time and it gave me an excuse to buy more books.

Comment

Making my PC work for me

I think ultimately I want my computer to work for me. If I put my recipes into a program then tell my program what recipes I would like to have on my menu then I want it to calculate up the grocery list. I could then decide what items I have in stock in our pantry/freezer cross them off and go get what I need. Does that make sense? So for me I am looking for a program to make my meal planning/shopping easier!
                            Shannon

>^..^<

Comment

Purrbal, Electronic Recipe Manager (9.95) Home Cookin (29.95) Living Cookbook (29.95) and MasterCook (mine was 17.95, price differs with source) would all do what you are asking.

Electronic Recipe Manager is the easiest to add recipes into. Simple recipe formatting ( like you see on most forums) enters entire recipe with 1 click.

Home Cookin is the simplest to use, almost no learning curve.

Living Cookbook has looks. There is also an on line tutorial. Registration is for (1) computer only. If adding the program to more than one computer you will need to buy a license for each computer. The Company remains in contact with your computer via internet connection to insure registration and monitors your usage.

MasterCook is pretty easy to use and learn, there is a slight learning curve. It is also very popular. Has a unique recipe format.

With all these programs it is easy to add pictures to the recipes.

Comment

Working...
                              X