X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crab Rangoon by gimmerecipes

gimmerecipes
    Posted April 05, 2006 08:30 PM

I tried this recipe last night after copying it some time ago off the web. I didn't use crabmeat, so I guess I would call them cream cheese wontons instead. They were great! I halved the recipe also, because it's just me and next time since it's just me I'll try to quarter the recipe. I also used dried ground ginger instead of the fresh. I made them into triangles because it's easier that way.

Here's a pic of the ones I made:
    http://public.fotki.com/butterflymaiden/new_recipe_photos/img_0561.html

Crab Rangoon (www.recipezaar.com)

You can make the filling the day before and 1 hour before cooking remove from fridge. Very yummy stuff!
    1 hour (30 min prep, 30 min cooking)
    50-60 individual appitizers

1/4 cup sour cream
    2(8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
    3/4 to 1 cup crabmeat, picked
    2 green onions, sliced thin
    1 clove garlic, minced (large clove)
    1 tsp. ginger, minced
    2 tsp. soy sauce
    1 tsp. sugar
    wonton wrappers (I buy 2 packages as I'm never quite sure how many I'll end up with)
    oil (for frying)
    1 Whip together the sour cream, cream cheese and soy sauce and sugar until smooth.
    2 Fold in remaining ingredients (except wrappers) Heat oil to med-high and you want it around 1 1/2-2 inches deep.
    3 Place a small bowl of water on your work surface and lay out 6 wrappers, and place around 1 or 1 1/2 tsp's in the center of each wrapper.
    4 Moisten edges, bring up corners and pinch together, along with sides-you dont want filling to float away.
    5 Place all 6 in the hot oil and repeat process.
    6 By the time you have the next set of 6 ready to crimp it should be time to turn the rangoon's.
    7 You want them a nice golden color.
    8 When done remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towells.
    9 Repeat until done.
    10 Try to share.
Working...
X